RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I spoke to the guy who has the yellow tins. Because I can’t leave the bike overnight ( 3 hours from me ) he wants me to remover my tins, take them to his shop. After exchange of contraband he will give me the yellow tin for me to install. Now the front fender is a piece of cake and we all now how to take the tank off. I have started searching through the manual. I’m glad I printed it out to see if there is a step by step. I know all the electronics are near it and I hope that the rear fender isn’t a stress girder which attaches to a side car.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Naw mate.. it's a lot easier than you'd think..

1st you find the connector for the tail lights under the seat and disconnect it.. and make sure it can come out of that area..
2nd you can now just unbolt both one of the stays and the fender from the stays carefull not to scratch it!
3rd take off all that's attached to the fender..

that's it.... mounting the new one is the same in the reverse order

have fun

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw mate.. it's a lot easier than you'd think..

1st you find the connector for the tail lights under the seat and disconnect it.. and make sure it can come out of that area..
2nd you can now just unbolt both one of the stays and the fender from the stays carefull not to scratch it!
3rd take off all that's attached to the fender..

that's it.... mounting the new one is the same in the reverse order

have fun
Thanks Peter

·
Registered
633 Posts
btw.. if like me you do it alone with the bike on the sidestand.. chances are you're gonna get some scratches.. so get help if you can

·
Registered
51 Posts
What I did is prop something (a short chunk of 2X4) between the fender and the tire to hold the fender up, then remove the bolts from the fender stays to the frame. After that I removed the stays from the fender to keep from scratching the fender inbetween the stays.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw.. if like me you do it alone with the bike on the sidestand.. chances are you're gonna get some scratches.. so get help if you can
Pete, it amazes me that when people need help I’m there with bells on. However, when I need help you can’t see anyone for dust. So I will be doing it alone.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I did is prop something (a short chunk of 2X4) between the fender and the tire to hold the fender up, then remove the bolts from the fender stays to the frame. After that I removed the stays from the fender to keep from scratching the fender inbetween the stays.
That’s good thinking a Force. I’ll rustle up some wood to do that. It is actually the least of my worries. It’s what’s under the seat that is stressing me lol. That is despite the good advice you and Pete have given me.

·
Premium Member
7,742 Posts
I would first put some masking tape on the sides of your fender above and below the struts. you can loosen the fender strut a bit on one side and then you can probably get some masking tape in behind the strut section as well. you can then retighten that strut and loosen the strut on the other side and put masking tape behind the strut section as well. Disconnect the fender from the connector under the seat. Make sure the strut on one side is still loose. Remove the fender bolts from the looses strut. put a dishtowel or other soft cloth between the fender and the strut that is loose. remove the bolts from the other strut supporting the fender the best that you can and then let the fender slide down on to the tire. you can then easily remove it from the bike and it should be scratch free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts