RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope I picked the correct location for this. After 12 years of riding, I finally had my time and laid my bike down. I've been trying to sell it, so forget that for now. It was VERY slow speed and all I got was the tank, handlebars and pipes. SO, I've got to upgrade when I fix and I'm looking for input on what parts you'd run. I need ideas on:

Paint: I have a friend who will do any basic paint job at cost. He can't do flames or anything like that but I can basically choose any color I want. I only have a small scratch (1.5" square) but I figure I'll just redo the whole bike. I'm leaning toward a flat black or very dark grey but I was looking at some samples and like a very metalic grey with gold over.

Handlebars: I have an aftermarket T now. I don't know the manufacturer as it was on the bike when I got it. I like the idea of hidden wiring but don't know if hte cost is worth it.

Pipes: Have streetsweepers, love the look but don't want to but again without considering my options.

I want to plan and get all my components to work well together. I figure this is the right time. I'm open to just about anything.

Thanks~!

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I'm not trying to be a "***" but if we pick them it will be like Our bike. Pick what you like and what you want . Here is your chance to make it YOURS . So make it yours. No way on earth we can pick color of paint . There are just so many colors and variations. It's like you asked us to pick you a wife. Sorry but you are definately on your own on that one. I need to repaint mine and can't pick a color for mine
Ok i'll give it a go- Contact Dennis (washingtonwarrior) and get a set of his most wonderful tinsDrag bars with internal wiring for sure CP 1120's . Pipes Bub jug Huggers for looks or Speedstar for performance. Get the Tach cover and the chin spoiler. Make sure the two side covers match your paint job. Spike grips and pegs. Some sort of Bad @zz Icon Jacket and helmet. Then send it on over to my house! Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what I want, just like in a wife, 5'7" 115lbs, 34C, and blind so she doesn't know what I look like... but it doesn't mean I'll get it. I know what I want in a bike too, but I don't have the money to do everything so I'm just looking for any options from people that I might not think of on my own. Maybe I'll get some good ideas, maybe I won't. I do appreciate yours.

I'm not just limited to working on those parts either. I'm not as concerned with paint input as I am with future planning. Like should I buy a rear fender now and have it painted to match because I'll put a 300 in down the road, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks... I have been through that and much of what I could find throughout this board for info and all my ideas thus far have come from here.

I don't think I did a good job of explaining. I know what I like -right now- but I don't want to miss something and be mad after the fact that I repainted a factory bumper when I should have cut it first for some upgrade I missed, etc. I'm new to this bike, so I don't know the aftermarket very well yet. I'm learning but can't possibly know all the trick ideas in time to get it fixed and don't want to miss anything. Maybe I'm just expecting too much from a magic 8 ball, but I thought I'd ask. I know if someone gave me a blank slate and told to come up with a series of upgrades for some of the other hobbies I know in better detail, I would be all over it. I thought someone here might feel like doing to same but no big deal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just to let you know you can look at my pictures i had mine painted Flat black (to get an Idea of the look)

Good luck

and glad to hear you OK

Greg

·
Administrator
30,392 Posts
Your bike islooking good Darken

In Section 4 of Popular Mods are example bikes: http://rswarrior.com/forums/t/115929.aspx The example bikes help select an exhaust, etc. Then look in Section 3 under (for example) 'Exhaust'and read posts to get different opinions and how-to-install conversations. From that you should have enough info to use the search function for very specific information.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spring is back and so is my bike. I really wanted to like flat black but just didn't think I'd like it with the chrome andaluminum on a warrior... went with a PPG color called Rattlesnake. Nothing too crazy, just a three step paint, base/pearl/clear, not ghost flames, pinstripes, etc. It looks deep burgundy unless you hit it with sunlight and you can see emerald and gold. I put some pictures in my gallery but there wasn't enough sunlight to look very good. I stayed with the street sweepers because I found a set on ebay NIB for $120 and didn't put my baffles back in. Man is this thing loud now. I'm not sure if I'm going to put them back in yet or not. It really screams on the top end, but I usually just cruise anyway. Also bought some internal wired drag bars from JP cycles. They said they would fit a warrior, but I had to add 1/8" to my steering stops or the controls would hit the tank.

http://rswarrior.com/photos/jackb1/default.aspx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts