RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my Warrior has been running fine for years now. Yesterday I went for a ride (its been sitting for a few months)and when I was comming back down my street I noticed that the engine light was on. I killed it and then turned it back on and the clock was reading 13,23,25. That is both intake PSI censors and the Atmospheric sensor. I have already looked in the post and all of them are great but I might have something different going on here.

Both air intake sensors should read 10-200mmhg as per the shop manual. Mine are both at 0. The atoms censor is reading up around 700 or so.

Any chimes are greatly appreciated.

And yes, all my hoses are on, Plugs connected to their respective locations, and no mods have happened for over a year now.

Thank you.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wouldn't suggest riding during hurricanes or inside tornadoes either...

you can pull the hoses off the two map sensors pretty easily. Run an air compressor through them (COMPLETELY disconnect them from the bike and sensor)... Make sure they're not kinked or cracked... They're made of soft flexible rubber so I don't see that happening. The BAR sensor doesn't have a hose. Check make sure nothing is plugging it...

·
Administrator
29,687 Posts
That's an odd set of numbers all at once. The bike is running fine tho right? So try this: if it doesn't clear on its own after the next ride, then disconnect the battery POS cable for a minute, then reconnect.

Let me have a few minutes with the service manual.

OK let me do this long-hand to be sure we see the same possible solution.

The "Possible Causes" bulleted below are from 6-12 of the service manual.

13 = detected Air Intake Sensor #1open circuit (or short circuit).

[*]
Open or short circuit in wiring sub-lead.
[*]
Open or short circuit in the wiring harness.
[*]
Defective sensor.
[*]
Malfunction in the ECU.[/list]

23 = detected Atmospheric Sensor open circuit (or short circuit).

[*]
[*]
Defective sensor.
[*]
Improperly installed sensor.
[*]

25 = detected Air Intake Sensor #2open circuit (or short circuit).

[*]
Open or short circuit in wiring sub-lead.
[*]
[*]
Defective sensor.
[*]

The bike is running fine so let's just say the ECU is okay.

The odds of 3 sensors going out same moment are huge.

Only two of the three sensors have a sub-lead wire.

That leaves a wiring harness problem. See if you can trace that on the wiring diagrams in the service manual. Its possible the harness under the seat or under the tank got scraped or crushed, maybe you went riding tooooo faassssst.The wire might have obvious signs of damage or crushing, and the wire must feed all three sensors -so look up-stream far enough. Also, check the fuses in case one fuse powers all three of these bad boys. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Which wire was rubbed through, where? have you relocated the harness at all? Just in case anybody has an issue like this again maybe it will be a item to pay attention to on the warrior.

Chris

·
Registered
926 Posts
does this mean you wont be reprogramming the PC3? If you still have plans to tweak it, give me a few days notice so I can help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts