RS Warrior Forum banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Since I'm still fairly new on this 4m, I'm at Scooter status. I once had a dog named scooter. When I'm riding, I don't wave to people on scooters.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Dberman

Since I'm still fairly new on this 4m, I'm at Scooter status. I once had a dog named scooter. When I'm riding, I don't wave to people on scooters.

And another thing, I get credit for every post I post? What happens if I do identical multiple posts?

What happens if I do identical multiple posts?

What happens if I do identical multiple posts? (Yeah, I'd rather be a post ***** than a scooter).

Its gets really annoying for everyone else, violates the forum rules, and potentially gets you permanent newbie status.

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/rules.asp#rulesid12 [:0]

Dave

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Washingtonwarrior

all you need to do is be opinionated and comment on stuff weather you know anything about it (or care)or not.

Works for me!!! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'll tell ya... Why not start out with Newbie instead of Squid?
Also I think I would make it so that people can't vote for thier own bike. I'll admit it, when I first joined this site I had just got my Warrior and I believed it to be better than any other bike out there. Therefore, I voted a lot of people a "1" and voted myself a "5". I was only trying to vote my bike to the top. Which ain't right! I now know that this is a truely helpful and quality site with truely helpful and quality members. Hind-sight being 20/20 I wish I had never voted anybody a "1". I have not seen any bikes on this site that deserves a "1". *Tell me how I can re-score bikes I have already voted on.*
Anyway... I enjoy this site and I check back several time per day. Keep up the good work. And I promise, as soon as I get some extra $$$ I will donate to this site. I am a broke ******* most of the time, so just give me some time and I will hit you back for all the work you do for us.
Thanks-
KM

·
Administrator
28,391 Posts
This thread started in 2002, amazing. Since my earlier post I've been thinking. Yep I know its dangerous and the smoke filles the room. But here's what I think IMHO.

I like that we use names that lead UP TO Road Star Warrior. Newbie makes sense for the first 99 posts but no longer. I've wondered why the name just before the RSW isn't Road Star, and why the one before that isn't VMax? Logical tributes. So why not "Newbie" up to 99. Make VStar 650 up to 199. Make 200-499 Vstar 1100. Make 500-999 VMax. Make 1000-1499 Road Star. RSW at 1500. At my rate that will take ten more years but some folks post enough to make it in a couple years. By then this website is 100% part of our lives as long as it supports out Mod and Tech and BS needs! I see value to having it take a couple years to get to RSW but no longer becauise it is counter-productive. There's no higher badge of honor on a mods website than the badge the bike carries.

quote:Originally posted by CarKnee

Does anyone have any suggestions on how the ranking should be set up on this forum?

Currently it is set like this:<table>
<tr><td>Between</td><td>And</td><td>=</td></tr>
<tr><td>0</td><td>49</td><td>Squid</td></tr>
<tr><td>50</td><td>99</td><td>Rookie</td></tr>
<tr><td>100</td><td>499</td><td>Back Marker</td></tr>
<tr><td>500</td><td>999</td><td>Road Star</td></tr>
<tr><td>1000</td><td>1999</td><td> Road Star Fighter</td></tr>
<tr><td>2000</td><td>+</td><td>Road Star Warrior</td></tr>
</table>

Thanks!
CarKnee

2002 Indigo Warrior

·
Registered
255 Posts
Been here about a year and after checking other sites this still kicks major league ass over anything out there. The postcount I donno guess promoting sooner is fine. I come here for the info and brotherhood of a common thread ground pound torque[}/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, Y'all are kickin,' keep up the good work. I am not sure what y'all are fussin' bout with that rating stuff, but if it helps others to ride safe and repair their bikes cheaply and conviently-- more power or rating to ya. I would check out your competitors though. Chinese proverb said: 'know yourself,...know your enemy.' Myself, I can't help but laugh. Seriously, this ain't no beauty contest compared to the world. Maybe you should do away with the competition for rating stars and seriously go about the business of providing help to the supporters and users of the site. I mean, How Long Is The RSW Going To Live? I would hazard to guess, not long enough for the membership to catch the attrition (or the next generation Harley turns into a Kawasaki)? Harley is a lucky SOB, he's lived longer than any Jap' or 'Merican bike out there, even with poor life cycle. Sincerely guys, don't alienate the hand that feeds your system. The marketing will pass too, probably before you've made a decision to react to your membership attrition.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Don't know what your talking about, this thread is almost 5 years old. It's still active so people can see the when they get their next star (a frequently asked question and a common element in all forums). I guess we stuck around for a while in spite of ourselves. [/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I am not so sure I like the term 'Virago' because the definition is:

- a noisy or scolding or domineering woman
a large strong and aggressive woman

- Virago is a pejorative name for a verbally abusive and angry woman. It is derived from Latin virago, which means "resembling (-ago) a man (vir)" and was a positive word used to describe heroic females, usually in a mythological context.

- A woman regarded as noisy, scolding, or domineering. 2.A large, strong, courageous woman.

61 - 80 of 99 Posts