RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this bike a few months ago.....it’s an 02. Im the third owner and don’t have the contact info for the previous owner anymore so I can’t ask him. Does anyone know what exhaust this is? I can’t find any markings or names on it. It’s a bit loud for my liking and I was wanting to add some baffles or switch it out for a longer set of pipes. Thanks in advance! IMG_1135.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
Those look like Samson pipes. They no longer produce pipes for metric bikes and those tips were interchangeable with some that were turn downs others that were turn outs.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could i buy another company's baffles and install them? Any ideas or suggestions or guidance from anyone of this?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Samsung slashers definitely. Talk to Big City Thunderx they make a nice set a baffles for those, the QQ variety should quiet it a bit and give it a nice Deep Rumble. Alternatively I bet there's a number of people on this form who would like those and you could sell them and get a set of Vance & Hines Longshots or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
https://bigcitythunder.com/collections/quality-quiet-thunder-monster-baffles

Definitely give them a call, they're great to deal with on the phone. I don't remember exactly what size they are either 1 5/8 or 1 3/4 i d. You have what's called a head pipe installation. Which involves removing those slash tips and installing the baffles in the head pipes. You'll have to remove the full exhaust and drill holes in them for the set screws in the baffles. It's not particularly hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks a lot Sandytows, beats the **** out of buying a new exhaust. I'll for sure look into Big City Thunder. Selling them on here wouldnt be bad, shipping would be a pain though...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, finally got around to putting in baffles today, it sounds awful haha. went from really loud and deep to really loud and high pitched. they're coming out. just gonna have to learn to live with a loud bike i guess. oh well......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
May I ask exactly what baffles you installed? Thanks.

Sorry I missed this question, just looking back at m in old posts and saw this. I bought the El Cheapo ones from drag specialties. Probably why they sounded like garbage.

Side note, currently just picked up stock headers from another forum member and a cobra slip on from eBay. I think I’ll be happier with that set up. I plan on cleaning up these Samson pipes and selling them. Just gotta find some time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts