RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Registered
2006 Warrior, blue with flames.
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok... update 2...
Brought laptop home from work that I already downloaded pc5 software and maps on at work.. wanted to check which map was pre loaded since they did ask about modifications... it was stock bike map. Glad I checked. Anyway, the pc5 is super easy to push maps to.. no stupid battery, no bike running... just plug in USB and go. I did have to start bike and warm up to calibrate the tps but that was pretty much it. I did activate the extra fuel during start (10sec time) will switch to temp control once I find a temp sensor on the bike (5v reference). It cranked over and lit off much easier and sooner.. popped on the lid and took her for a shakedown ride around the (country) block... about 5 miles. Throttle response WAY quicker and more precise! Much smoother. No more little stumble pulling away from a stop... always had a little hiccup right at the point you JUST get the clutch all the way out and start the throttle roll with the pc3, gone with this unit. Topped her off with fuel and will give her a longer ride on the way into work in the morning..it always a "spirited" ride so I'll get to stretch her legs and see how it goes up top. All in all... I think we are good 馃憤. Thank you to everyone that replied and commented and offered advice.

Next on the list of mods...... coil relocate plate and frame clean up.

Premium Member
'05 Midnight
I am contemplating ditching my PCIII in the near future and switching to the V.
Throwing this on my list now that we have another satisfied customer at the drive through.
If you鈥檙e looking to upgrade but not doing high compression pistons, do the auto tuner. Without HC, no need for variable timing plus it鈥檒l auto adapter to any future mods. Just my 2垄

Premium Member
'05 Midnight
Well, from what I've heard, Dynojet will sell you a PC-V for around 50% off with a PC-III trade-in, or around $250-$300. If you want to do a proper tune, that'll run at least another $300 if you don't want to tinker like I have been. So, depending on goals and technical ability/interest, going with the PC-V could save ~$200 or it could cost ~$200 more. Numbers are super approximated so don't make decisions based on what I'm saying, but think through before committing.

Premium Member
'05 Midnight
I gotcha and how much for the DynoJet equivalent with the Auto Tune?
I attempted to price it about a month ago just as an exploratory project but I couldn't find a PC Auto Tuner that would work with the Warrior so I gave up. Wasn't committed enough to try to call them but definitely worth the leg work before actually making any purchases.

Premium Member
'05 Midnight
Hear me out.....
If a Garth Brooks concert can register on the Richter scale...... imagine what 30 or 40 Warrior's would do if we all came screaming into town!! It would be glorious!!!!
About 15 years ago, that happened in Reno. It was called Street Vibrations and all the Warriors that could make it did. We called it the West Coast Warrior Rally. I was at the first one in 2005 but I had just recently totaled my鈥05 Midnight so I was in the back on a different one but I gotta tell you, it was something to behold.

I鈥檓 hoping to rally a lot of Warriors for the solar eclipse鈥檚 coming up. First one is in October of 鈥23. Thinking of doing a meetup in Utah. Beautiful places to ride and relatively central to a lot of riders. Stay tuned.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I attempted to price it about a month ago just as an exploratory project but I couldn't find a PC Auto Tuner that would work with the Warrior so I gave up. Wasn't committed enough to try to call them but definitely worth the leg work before actually making any purchases.
The auto tune does not work specific to one bike,
It is an expansion module that occupies a port in the power commander. It sees the exhaust gasses and tells the power commander what to modify to. But as Arizona stated, it almost doubles the cost. The normal retail on a PC5 for our bikes is $429.00 +/- and the auto tune add on is easily ANOTHER $400+ and YOU have to drill your pipes and weld in a bung for the O2 sensors.

[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
And many say it's best to drill a bung into both headers and get the kit with two O2 sensors so it's tuning efficiently. Those O2 sensors are fugly.

The science and engineering behind the Cobra PowrPro CVT autotuner is very effective. It's hard to justify a power commander with autotune kit(s) but it does do a slightly better job of tuning.

Premium Member
'05 Midnight
...and YOU have to drill your pipes and weld in a bung for the O2 sensors.
And THIS is why it's not advertised as fitting the Warrior. There's some custom work that has to be done to support it. That's when I gave up. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Also Random....... Dynojet won't just sell you a pcv with a pc3 trade in....the pc3 has to be defective or unusable (dead) and it is a customer loyalty program since the pc3 has been out of production for at least a decade and they don't do any factory support for it anymore... you need to ask for it. Just clearing that up.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts