RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be the first to admit I don't know jack about bikes except how to ride them and put gas in them. But today I went to crank her for a ride and she didn't start. Here are the symptoms: She'll act as if she wants to turn over, but then a loud buzzing sound goes off while i'm hitting the starter. The horn will blow, and the tach lights up. Anybody know whats going on??

·
Registered
6,800 Posts
How old is the battery? Ever been hooked up to the Battery Tender to keep it juiced?

You may not know about bikes, but it sure looks you know about moding it, nice bits![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sounds like maybe the connection on the battery isnt very good. Try wiggling the wires right at the terminals and then tighten them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Most likely it is the battery or the connections at the battery posts. Horns and light don't have much current draw. However, when you press the starter that is where you will really draw the amps (100 - 200 amps for a car, typically) necessary to turn over the engine. If the battery can't deliver, you will hear clicking or buzzing. Get the battery tested to be sure.

·
Premium Member
8,879 Posts
Also, check the starter cable terminal connection for corrosion and tightness at the starter!As Xenarchi said quote:you may not know about bikes, but it sure looks you know about moding it!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Definatly the battery. You can jump it with your car battery to get it started. Leave the car not running and hook up the positive first to the bike battery and then the negative. She'll fire right up until you get a new battery.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Be careful with the car battery jump they have a lot more power then bike batteries.
Once the bike starts disconnect right away. Get a battery tender warrior batteries are costly

1 - 8 of 8 Posts