RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from work and everything was working fine. I stopped to fill up with gas, shut her off using the kill switch, filled her up and turned her on. I hit the reset button and she reset. Then, as I started to pull out the tachometer and speedometer died
. I pulled over on the side of the road and turned her on and off again and nothing. The headlight works, the turn signals (front and rear), brake light and tachometer stopped working. I do have a PC III and also a clear alternatives integrated tail light. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate any input! Thanks and keep em upright!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AZ Warrior! I'll be lookign into that as soon as I have some daylight to work with. I appreciate the input and will keep you posted! And greetings from Sunny southern Arizona! Life is great in the old pueblo.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had the same problem when I bought my bike. Took it to the dealer and it was covered under warranty. They said they had a bad batch of speedos back then.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. It was a fuse! Simple enough for the not so mechanically inclined to fix

·
Premium Member
8,959 Posts
mtazeman said:
Thanks for the input. It was a fuse! Simple enough for the not so mechanically inclined to fix
Keep in mind that the blown 10A Signal Fuse is most likely an indication of an overload or intermittent short circuit

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,707 Posts
+1 that topic I referred you to isa typical case when a fuse blows repetitively,in which case you would have a phantom short circuit. You know, one that is usually a wirethatgrounds-out only when you make aleft turn in high wind on Tuesday nights after playing softball in your green shirt.

Carry 4 or 5 spare fuses to fit that spot. If the fuse blows again you can maybe nurse it home in stages. Bottom line, if this same fuse blows again,try to remember the precise sequence of events so that you canfind the pesky shortmore easily. For example, did you just press the foot brake, or did you just turn left and hit a little bump in the road (seriously). Admittedly, for this problem you might not notice the gauge change until later, arrgh. But pay close attention otherwise the troubleshooting process in that other topic is what you might face (and you can see the dealer has no better chance except by luck) .

Knock on wood it never blows again!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys kick a$$ I placed a couple of spairs in the bike and hopefully won't have to use them. I think what you said about riding home from softball in my green shirt with the wind blowing just right was the case. The only thing that I can think of is that the taillight wire shorted. I'll keep a lookout though! Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Yup, just went thru the same problem 2 weeks ago...you said Clearview integrated taillight, right? The first spare I got from the stealer was also bad...didn't cause the fuse to blow, but nothing on the left side of the light worked. The next replacement seems to be working ok. I narrowed down the problem of the original to the taillight itself inside the LED circuit board. There are several alternatives to clearview...the next time mine dies...and the dealer decides to stop giving me free replacments, i will go with something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts