RS Warrior Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I do have same problem, new battery just installed and charged, check 14v, new solenoid, and still just I hear click, I just realized one thing, my front light not working, it was fine in the morning when I was riding, now I put key in to on position and try to change low hi beams and nothing. Back light working, fine, turn signals also are ok.
I was riding today, everything was fine, and now my bike don’t want to start.
Any ideas are appreciated.

·
Administrator
28,394 Posts
Hi
I do have same problem, new battery just installed and charged, check 14v, new solenoid, and still just I hear click, I just realized one thing, my front light not working, it was fine in the morning when I was riding, now I put key in to on position and try to change low hi beams and nothing. Back light working, fine, turn signals also are ok.
I was riding today, everything was fine, and now my bike don’t want to start.
Any ideas are appreciated.
Welcome!

The headlight comes on after the motor is running. Its an old trick to reserve battery power for the starter. Handy on big cube motors.

Check all your underseat fuses. Its not always easy to see if one is blown. Maybe test with a light-bulb-type tester. Or multimeter if handy.

You have the color wiring diagram?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
It sounds like the starter solenoid will probably fix your problem. Just an FYI, I bought one of the cheap Amazon ones a couple years ago. I just recently had to replace it again. I tried another cheap Amazon one, but they also sent me the wrong one and then didn't have the right one to send. Just realize it probably won't last long. Also many dealerships sell aftermarket solenoids. I buy most of my stuff from Partzilla. They have OEM Yamaha parts. The solenoid came out to about $90 after shipping I think.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts