RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get some help identifying what has been modified on a 2005 Warrior (750 miles) I am considering purchasing. As these mods worthwhile having? Are they adding to the value of the bike or take-away?

What exhaust is on this bike?
Have the pegs been relocated and can you tell me who the manufacturer is? Front controls?
Brake cylinder moved?
Aftermarket handlebars, mirror and grips made by?
Obviously it also has the windscreen and lower fairing.

Appreciate any help .. I have only recently started looking at the Warriors and I'm not sure what I'm looking at!

Thanks in advance.

Insert Image:

90.64 KB

Insert Image:

83.64 KB

Insert Image:

83.6 KB

Insert Image:

57.47 KB

Insert Image:

84.14 KB

Insert Image:

61.26 KB

Insert Image:

90.36 KB

Insert Image:

60.5 KB

Insert Image:

88.53 KB

·
Registered
740 Posts
Bars: stock
Grips: Kuryakyn Iso Grips w/ Kury Iso wrist control
Mirrors: aftermarket - look like older Yamaha or Kawi mirrors
Exhaust: Hard Khrome Excellerator slip on
Pegs: either the Yammi aftermarket or the Kuryakyn Iso pegs and levers.
Rear pegs: Yamaha passenger peg relocator
Chin: Yamaha chin fairing
Windshield: unsure; could be any of Memphis Shades or National Cycle's shorter model

I see nothing bad here but the exhaust. I would go with a full exhaust instead of a slip on. Besides, w/ that type, you can't use saddle bags for trips.

FYI, if you're taller, you may consider a 3" or 5" foot control relocation if you're not sure about spending $400-700 on fwd controls. I got a 3" extension from cruisercustomizing for about $95 shipped. This should prevent ANY rubbing/touching issues w/ stock controls on exhaust.

All of which are available from cruisercustomizing.com I've had good success from them so far.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Welcome to the site Keegaroo. There are some pretty good afermarket accesories on the bike already by the looks of things, I'm not a fan of the exhaust though and I agree with Fireblade to go for a full system if you can. All of these aftermarket parts would add a little to the value of the bike but not a huge amount.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That exhaust is not a slip on it's a complete Hard Krome 2 into 1 Xccelerators. The rider pegs and brake & shift levers are from Yamaha. The windshield is also from Yamaha.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Mabye 800-1100 in mods on this bike.I would change exhaust if it was me .I always have liked the kurakyn grips.How much they asking for this bike.??

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
quote:Originally posted by halmech

That exhaust is not a slip on it's a complete Hard Krome 2 into 1 Xccelerators.

Yep, that's a full exhaust for sure. The stock headers merge into one alot closer to the motor.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
carl -

I'm in Phoenix and the dealer is asking $9999.00 before the grind.

What do you think is a reasonable price - before tax/license.

Thanks for everyone's insight!

·
Registered
539 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keegaroo

carl -

I'm in Phoenix and the dealer is asking $9999.00 before the grind.

What do you think is a reasonable price - before tax/license.

Thanks for everyone's insight!

I would check to see if the bike has a power commander and if first service was done should have been done at 600 miles .Get a free one out of him if not done . And see if he has all the stock parts .If everything above then tell him 9500.00 out the door . He should be able to knock 1000 dollars off if not more . Because if buying this as used your probaly looking at 10700.00 out the door at his price.There is one at my dealer an 05 black cherry with 2500 miles the same sheild as on this one has vance and hines big shots and a powercommander already installed and fender eliminator he said 9500 out the door hopefully that helps some others will probaly have diferent thoughts . Thats what make this site fun!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
carl -

I've got a wholesale dealer license so I can forgo the tax at this time along with a dealer motorcycle plate. I just have never dealt in motorcycles so I really don't have a feel for price. What do you feel is fair without the tax and license?

Thanks!

·
Registered
539 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keegaroo

carl -

I've got a wholesale dealer license so I can forgo the tax at this time along with a dealer motorcycle plate. I just have never dealt in motorcycles so I really don't have a feel for price. What do you feel is fair without the tax and license?

Thanks!

Just private messaged ya

·
Registered
585 Posts
$10k sounds high for a used bike and the mods that are there are pretty simple and add little value. I wouldn't go over $8500 out the door for that bike as it sits. You can get a seriously nice ride for $10k ... custom paint, full chrome, 240/250 rear end, etc...

Check out the listings and ebay for your best deal. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I agree with above and check to see if anything was done internally that you can't see. Either way it looks like a nice bike with low milage. Probably saving about $2,000 over brand new.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts