RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
frist off i did search. but as you know when you are looking for something it seams like you can never find it.
i am getting geared up to do the 240 thing And i would like to ask some questions. frist the only parts i need are a 240 rim,tire,and swingarm every thing else will work.right??? also will i have any problems with my speedstar pipe,and i under stand that the rear fender will be fine what i would like to know (will I BE ABLE TO KEEP THE REAR LOW) are will i have to jack the rear up. i know there are a lot of you guys that has done this mod so lets hear it!!!

Insert Image:

54.58KBfill me in.

Insert Image:

57.17 KB

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Who you buying the kit from? If you go to Cycle Image, Reza will walk you thru it.

If I had to bet - Lowered will be okay and the exhaust will be okay too.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Not sure I can help but I am in the process of getting a Performance Edge 260 Stock Finish kit.I'm also installing Ram396 lowering kit and 1000lb eibach spring so I will probably disassemble more than you will . I had to remove the Monster Propipe to get to the front bolt for the spring and while I had it off I got it recoated at a local coating place.I will post pics when the parts arrive .

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
From what Ive found , you should be able to keep the rear lowered but since you adjustable links , you can always raise if needed

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
You have nothing to worry about. You can keep the rear low with no problems, and no exhaust causes any problems. Now, get 'er done!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok one last question what 240 tire will last the longest and do they make a 240 avon. did not search!!!!

Insert Image:

39.6KB

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Avons are available in 250. I think the Dunlop 240 with wear the best, but it's not quite as wide as the Metzler 240. I think the Metz will be your best bet.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Depending on who you get it from, you may have to also carefully remove the bearings from your wheel or buy new ones. Cycle Image does not do bearing work but do sell them if needed. Performance Edge does a turn key setup including any bearing replacement etc and can even sell and mount up a new tire for you if you wish. Just make sure to check this with your supplier. I have a Metz 240 on my fat rim and love it!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sidebar on this... is there any relation or limitation to the exhaust you can run when you go with the 260 or 280 conversion?

·
Super Moderator
5,687 Posts
The swingarm that has the hump,you will have to shim the rear mount to keep the exhaust mounting bolts from hitting the swingarm,but to my knowledge there is no limits on the exhaust you can use.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Here is a pic of mine with a 260 kit. I have V&H Bigshots and was wondering about how close the exhaust would come to to tire but in this pic you can see that its not even an issue. I doubt that a 240 Speedstar pipe or any others will be a problem either.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
will the avon 250 fit on the 240 rim. and if it does will there be any fender scrub. i want the tire to fit inside the fender i want to keep the rear as low as i can. i really like the avons.

Insert Image:

55.36 KB

·
Registered
452 Posts
Obviously the belt drive can still be used... I wonder if you have to conver to chain if you go larger?
quote:Originally posted by Eric357

Here is a pic of mine with a 260 kit. I have V&H Bigshots and was wondering about how close the exhaust would come to to tire but in this pic you can see that its not even an issue. I doubt that a 240 Speedstar pipe or any others will be a problem either.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts