RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my bike on the lift, ready to start winter mods :) But i'm stuck with one... I'm planning on repainting the bike a differant color. I might spray it myself, since I've had some experience before but the problem I'm having is with body work. The guy I bought the bike from had drilled 2 small holes in the rear fender, one on either side of the fender for some led blinkers. The holes are a bit smaller than a dime. Now my question is how do I fill those holes in order to have it appear stock again? Do I have to weld it, or can I somehow body fill it with putty or fiberglass? I've searched the site and google, foudn a bunch of stuff on dents but couldn't come up with a clear answer for an actually hole. If anyone has any experience or knowledge, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Weld in some sheet metal to fill the holes. Grind it to get the welds off smooth. Body filler to smooth it some more. Block it to slick it up. Don't just put some Bondo in it. It will come loose and screw up the repaint job.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Im a body man, it needs to be welded. filler wouldnt last long in a hole that large. i wouldnt fill a 1/8" hole, or any hole for that matter. weld it.

if you take it to a body shop i would say they would probably weld it for 40-50 bucks. or if thats too steep try a vocational school in the area.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what i figured. Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. Hopefully I'll be making a post in a couple of months showing it off :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
suedenflames68 said:
Im a body man, it needs to be welded. filler wouldnt last long in a hole that large. i wouldnt fill a 1/8" hole, or any hole for that matter. weld it.

if you take it to a body shop i would say they would probably weld it for 40-50 bucks. or if thats too steep try a vocational school in the area.

+1 you got to weld it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts