RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing legends forward contorls and was wondering if any of you know how to adjust the shift lever down. I removed the allen bolt on the back of the shift linkage bracket but can't seem to remove it to adjust. Is it splined? Or do you adjust the shift lever on the outside?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
you can remove the linkage that attaches to the spline on the side case and swivel it forward some, also on the linkage itself can be adjust for maximum length. don't know about adjusting the lever it self though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can adjust the shifter position by loosening the allen bolts around the shaft. The shaft itself is not splined but it will take a bit of effort to push or pull the shift lever into the new position. Make sure to tighten the allen bolts. I used a small drop of loctite once I found the perfect position.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks leezure, I finally took the control back off the bike and took out all the allen bolts and had to use a rubber mallet to get the linkage arm off and on. But got it adjusted.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Mine was VERY tight, but I got it moving and adjusted it. I found that it was up to high and I couldn't get a smooth upshift. The layout also changes the pitch of the shift linkage - it's nearly level to the ground now as oposed to angling down towards the front of the bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts