RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a r1 currently but now i am thinking about buying a midnight warrior. I am just worried that i might miss my r1. Can someone that owned a sportbike then went to cruiser tell if it was a good idea or they regretted it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I went from a FZR 650 to the Warrior....

Never looked back.

It is a different beast though. Hard to compare because they are really 2 different styles. The Warrior is fast and very capable of turning heads. It corners great and is really different from everything out there.

It isnt going to be as fast as the R1, nor will it corner THAT well.

For the bike it is though, it is SWEET! It is a very addictive ride.

·
Administrator
29,925 Posts
When the time comes you'll know it. Keep the R1 and pay it off, then buy a Warrior and own both. Its totally legal

ant0879 said:
I have a r1 currently but now i am thinking about buying a midnight warrior. I am just worried that i might miss my r1. Can someone that owned a sportbike then went to cruiser tell if it was a good idea or they regretted it.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
More comfortable? Depends on what you do with it.

You can throw on a backrest, windshield and apehangers if you want. Whatever makes you feel comfortable, you can do it to a Warrior.....Well Almost Everything...(pervs).

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
I purchased a CBR Repsol 1000RR and do not miss my Warrior. I still have both, but barely ride the Warrior. Check my Gallery.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
ant0879 said:
why don't you miss the warrior.  Isn't it more comfortable or are you a track person
All depends on what you would consider comfortable. My CBR is very comfortable for me. My Warrior is pretty darn comfy too. It is all in how you set it up for your particular riding style. My CBR has Heli Bars, Sergeant Gel Seat, Gel Grips and a 2" over shield. The Warrior has Carlini Bars, Corbin Rumble Seat and Legend Forward Controls. It would be way more comfy with a shield, which I do have, but barely use.

It is more about the bike of preference for me and the CBR is my choice out of the shed just about every time I ride.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
DarkStar said:
I purchased a CBR Repsol 1000RR and do not miss my Warrior. I still have both, but barely ride the Warrior. Check my Gallery.

+1....I love my Warrior too, but I rarely ride it anymore...I just can't stand the constant scraping in the canyons with it. My ZX6R is as comfortable, if not more than the Warrior. I'm keeping her for nostalgic reasons.

Ant....check out this website: http://998cc.com/comfort_kit_+_handlebars/499. That's were I bought my comfort kit for the ZX6R.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So it seems like some ofyou like the sportbikes more than the warrior. Why is that? I am just wondering because i have never rod a cruiser and i don't really ride my r1 the way it is supposed to be riden. I love the speed of the r1 but i dont take turns on my knees.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I went from riding a CBR600RR to the Midnight Warrior. Although the crotchrocket was a lot of fun to ride simply because you could lean it over to the point where you were almost sideways, I have a lot more fun on the warrior. Being on a cruiser, you are not nearly as big of a cop magnet. I had problems with the police on the CBR. Another thing I like about the Warrior, or any cruiser motorcycle for that matter, is everything is made of metal. A sportbike has a lot of plastic on it, and maybe it's just me but plastic doesn't equate to quality in my mind. I know they use plastic to reduce weight, but I use my bikes for street riding. Not racing. Sport bikes are built for racing and considering you can't perform racing manuvers or speeds on the street without attracting copsit just made sense to buy a cruiser.

Don't get me wrong. The warrior has plenty of power and is plenty of fun around curves, and it's made of metal. That means the paint really shines like a mirror. Painted plastic can not compare to how good this bike looks. Personally I don't miss my crotch rocket very much. The warrior is a lot more comfortable even when stock, and you can take much longer rides. I never did a long distance ride on the CBR because anything over an hour killed my shoulders and my back.

The great thing about the warrior is that you can take a road trip, it doesn't kill your body, and it still looks completly bad ass. And the cops don't pay much attention unless your doing something to attract them. Sportbikes attract cops even if your obeying every aspect of the law.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
ant0879 said:
uhmm, that would probably be about 90.995% of us...lol

only you can tell if you will regret it. Warrior is among the top cruisers out there for handling but does not hold a candle to a sportbike (given the same rider)...different worlds the sportbike and the Warrior....

With that said, the Warrior is not your typical cruiser. It's probably one of the sportiest power cruisers out there....and people who seem to grow out of sportbikes naturally go thru the transition with the Warrior.

FWIW, I grew up on sportbikes and recently sold my Busa. I also have owned 600cc, 750, 900, and 1000cc sporties, but I do miss the rock steady hyperspeeds of the Busa. Will I ever go back to a sportbike? Probably not, but I want to get my hands on a fast and capable naked standard like the B-King or BMW K1300R to compliment my Warrior one day...

·
Registered
42 Posts
i just picked up my 05 midnight warrior a week or so ago. i own a 07 zx10r which is comparable to your R1. i didn't trade the 10 in because the warrior is my first cruiser and i didn't want to regret getting rid of my 10. i told myself i would wait until next year to decide what to do.

well after a week of riding the warrior, i can say i love it and enjoy riding it. however, i will never get rid of the 10. the warrior is fast, don't get me wrong, but my 10 is a beast.

ever watch mtv cribs? notice how all the ballers have a mercedes AND a ferrari? well i compare the mercedes to the warrior and the sportbike to the ferrari. if you can afford to own both - do so. if you got rid of the R1 you'll definitely miss the power.

dj

ant0879 said:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts