RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When taking off from a dead stop, idle is at 950, the engine hesitates or stutters just a tiny bit between1500 and 2000 RPM. I have a VBAK with V& H longshots and ais block off. When I take off at a quick pace the problem is non existent. I know, always rip it. Well traffic here in Houston is a bi%^h sometimes and this is driving me crazy. I have tried every map file known without any success (currently running desert warrior) and I have checked plugs/wires/hoses and searched the site for the same issue.. no joy. Any suggestions?.

·
Administrator
30,074 Posts
You don't have anyGallery info to show what year and what mods.

Look for the DOWNLODS link above. Click to DOCS and look a couple pages back for how Yami marks the VIN plate when recalls are done because your condition could be a TPS/CPS issue. Or it could be a PC tuning issue, or could be dirty filters and nasty plugs. With nothing to go on, I have to pass.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry bout the lack of info..2002, 8800miles, owned for a year. All recalls are done. K&N filters are new, plugs are new and rechecked. As said, many, many, many map files attempted.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Do you by chance have an older PCIII? Did you do the "perfect" install?

If so,

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";
mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Link

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Not sure what all the style stuff is about, but it won't let me delete it. The link works though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do have the serial (old) PCIII. the person I bought the bike from had the Power commander box with a printout of the perfect PC install inside. I checked the wiring and it is correct.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I rechecked all of the plug wires and went for a ride. I found that if I decel slowly the hesitation occurs in the same rpm range. If I hold it there between 1300 an 1900 rpm it will hesitate the whole time. Right now I dont know if it is fuel or electrical related.

·
Registered
590 Posts
it still could be your tps, even if you had the recall done. they had to do mine twice because the new one they installed was out of specs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello, I have a similar problem, since 1 years when I search resolution. The cold motor problem is away, After 2 minutes of warming. At first, engage the clutch delicately, the motor always has hesitancy and sometimes intake backfire unpleasant and dangerous especially in turn because sometimes the motor stalls. The 3 sondes has temperature proved, recalls all made. Changed plugs, vacuum proved all ok, no leak.I enriched and impoverished mixture with help of ECU l without any results, always the same problem. If somebody has a suggestion would have appreciated. I think seriously has deposit a match in the reservoir.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts