RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chrome Caps from ebay before and after Pics.. These were $5.00 a Package.. I haven't mounted them yet and was thinking about using a dab of Clear silicone on the inside.. What do you guys think?? Any recomendations?? They came with Plastic insert but I can't see them staying on long with the Vibration of the Motor.. Any Recs Thankyou

Heres a link to the caps

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROME-BOLT-CAPS-NEW-4-PKGS-OF-12-10MM-3-8-W-RETAINER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50450QQihZ014QQitemZ330078146448QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Caps
Insert Image:

33.68 KB

Insert Image:

60.07 KB

Insert Image:

50.04 KB

Insert Image:

35.35 KB

Insert Image:

63.72 KB

Insert Image:

40.54 KB

Insert Image:

47.19 KB

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Dude, you are super pimpin....I'm jealous. Silicone is the way to go but not on the exhaust bolts. some of those engine bolts may get too hot also. It might be tough to get something removable for those. Looks good though.

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ONAGER

ohio, i think you have a "blingification" problem....[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Ok, which one of us has the better job? Get back to work Matt. Oh wait, maybe I'm the only one at work.....Thanks for your tax dollars, gotta love a govt job!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hmmm. Plastic on exhaust bolts? I think I see a problem there. let us know how they hold up I was thinking of a set of those myself

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by JREMACLE1

Hmmm. Plastic on exhaust bolts? I think I see a problem there. let us know how they hold up I was thinking of a set of those myself

There Metal

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Iam putting one in the oven at 500 degrees to see how long it lasts..

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Nah , why not chrome bolts? Those look silly, and youll have to eventually take off a bolt .

Hello everyone...my name is Mike...and I have a problem......I..I... I'm addicted to Chrome.

·
Registered
11,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
70 minutes at 500 dgrees and its still rigid and NO discoloration.. Actually it looks cleaner.. How hot does the warrior exhaust get?? Thanks Randy I'll get that silicon

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Jon, you forgot one.... Bling-alicious!

Looks great Mike... I have been thinking of doing that except I was going to use metal spikes that are special made for those bolt head sizes. Good job.

·
Registered
474 Posts
They make high temp atv that will live in the high heat of the exhaust, get Pematex Ultra Black. Put on the outside of the bolt only. You don't want to get any in the center, hard to get out later.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
They'll hold up, I've been running them all over the place for a couple of years. The only problem you'll have with them is they don't like to come off and go on very many times.
quote:Originally posted by Frankenstein

Not sure if they will survive the heat of the exhaust bolts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts