RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Mike, I can't believe you actually cooked them in your oven. You have way too much time on your hands. You know, Yamaha sells bolt caps that do exactly what you're trying to do. They aren't as cheap but you don't need to glue them on. They have little crimped fingers on the inside that fit inside the well on the top of the bolt. Most of them stay on, some of them get lost.

Exhaust gets 1300+ deg's man...look out! tell me what you used for the velosity stacks, THOSE ARE JUST WHAT THE DOC ORDERED!!! and they have some epoxies that'll take that kind of heat.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
quote:Originally posted by crusteel45

quote:Originally posted by Frankenstein

Not sure if they will survive the heat of the exhaust bolts.

he only rides about 500 miles a year...i think they'll stay on just fine[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
Hey I got 2200 smiling miles last year.. Just think thats 3 qt's of oil in your beast..lol.. Ive only had the bike 9 months and 4 of those it was at Matts..

quote:Originally posted by ohiomike

quote:Originally posted by crusteel45

quote:Originally posted by Frankenstein

Not sure if they will survive the heat of the exhaust bolts.

he only rides about 500 miles a year...i think they'll stay on just fine[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
Hey I got 2200 smiling miles last year... Ive only had the bike 9 months.. Iam just trying to make up for lost time on mods...

HAHAHAHAA now thats some funny chit

quote:Originally posted by Ross

Exhaust gets 1300+ deg's man...look out! tell me what you used for the velosity stacks, THOSE ARE JUST WHAT THE DOC ORDERED!!! and they have some epoxies that'll take that kind of heat.

1300 degrees? I'd like to hear of someone measuring that before I believe it. Sure, I guess it could be true but it seems a little extreme.

I would think I'd feel it a lot more with my leg that close if the pipe were that hot.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.