RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am wanting to install some hi comp pistons on my 07 warrior. current mods are:pcIII, vance & hines pro pipes, k & n filters. want to know if i will have any problems after i install the pistons due to the 10.2:1 rated comp. i have tried 87 oct. fuel but runs better with 93 oct. i have raced a 1200cc sportster with the screaming eagle package and had to ease off the throttle in between gears so he could keep up but was disappointed once i reached 4th gear. i did pull away but not like the 1st 3 gears.....

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
" want to know if i will have any problems after i install the pistons due to the 10.2:1 rated comp."

Yes you will. Your face will hurt due to the permanent grin. Don't go into a girly-boy bar.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
bear2007 said:
am wanting to install some hi comp pistons on my 07 warrior. current mods are:pcIII, vance & hines pro pipes, k & n filters. want to know if i will have any problems after i install the pistons due to the 10.2:1 rated comp. i have tried 87 oct. fuel but runs better with 93 oct. i have raced a 1200cc sportster with the screaming eagle package and had to ease off the throttle in between gears so he could keep up but was disappointed once i reached 4th gear. i did pull away but not like the 1st 3 gears.....
Ran the 10.5:1's with cam and regularly speed shifted without easing off (thats with a chain drive) and no issues.

·
Registered
263 Posts
HC pistons were the first thing i wanted to do, but now have had the heads ported and am installing the cam. will be fun to find out numbers when i am done!

the pistons are a must in my eyes.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
I have OE 10.5:1's and normally still run 87 octane. If it's not pinging, you should run the lowest octane you can get away with...

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I have 10.5:1 pistons in mine and only run 93 oct. No pings. You will need a new map with your new compression.

You'll notice the pulling difference as soon as you romp on it for the first time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all of your replies. next question is: what is the best place to get them from? the cheapest i have seen the kit is around $305.00

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
bear2007 said:
thanks for all of your replies. next question is: what is the best place to get them from? the cheapest i have seen the kit is around $305.00
Hey Bear, www.Yamahasportsplaza.com has them for $281 US.
There was
a set of Speedstar valve springs on Ebay yesterday for $200...not sure
if they are there still though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts