RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,like the title says I'm new to warriors and to the forum.

In search for some good mods for my 04 beauty.
Mainly need some tips for the european market since I live in Sweden.
Going to get handlebars and get a lowering kit. Want to do some different turn/brake lights to.
Hit me with ideas!

Land vehicle Fuel tank Tire Sky Wheel

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Welcome. Check out the DIY mods section of the technical forum. It's got lots of.great ideas. Some of the links are broken or missing photos, but if you get stumped someone can help you.

Reactions: Rider0115

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,487 Posts
Most European Warrior's do not have running lights inside the turn signal bulbs. Instead they have a single bulb running light built into the headlight.

So on those bikes, stock COD protection comes from the single running light bulb in the headlight and the two bulbs inside the license plate light.

I notice that bulb is visible in your picture here.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Most European Warrior's do not have running lights inside the turn signal bulbs. Instead they have a single bulb running light built into the headlight.

So on those bikes, stock COD protection comes from the single running light bulb in the headlight and the two bulbs inside the license plate light.

I notice that bulb is visible in your picture here.
@ Arizonawarrior: so having that EU version with the additional bulb included in headlight does allow an easy switch to LED indicators, right ? No risk of COD if I got it correctly.
I am always cautious with wires .... there are electric-trick demons inside 👹

·
Registered
Yamaha XV1700 Roadstar Warrior
991 Posts
@ Arizonawarrior: so having that EU version with the additional bulb included in headlight does allow an easy switch to LED indicators, right ? No risk of COD if I got it correctly.
Correct!.. unless you change out the headlight of course.. on the flipside.. you do need to check that bulb is still good regularly. (only had 1 failure in 7 years)
basically its the RUNNING lights that matter for COD.. which in US bikes are in the indicators.. in EU bikes in the headlight. (and of course taillights and licence plate lights are on the same circuit)

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
31,487 Posts
Thommy, I will not assure that. I have no idea what mods were done in USA before transfer to EU, or what mods were done subsequently.

If an EU licensed factory did the EU mods, then who knows but maybe that wish comes true.

If not, the that bike owner can grab a meter and install two separate filament-bulbs into circuits to be tested, and let's see wassup.

Their butt is in the saddle. @Rider0115 seems okay so I'm not wanting a test and crash right!

Plus, he is Nordic. Me Brother in Spirit!
You too. German roots.
But mostly Scot and Ire lol.

·
Premium Member
7,879 Posts
you can do wrap around turn signals up front which eliminates the bulky flashers. If you do go the wrap around route be sure to place them under the lower triple tree so you can remove your forks without having to remove the flashers. You could also do some custom body modifications/additions such as custom fenders, chin spoilers. headlight cowls etc.

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
and of course welcome to da club Rider!

next time european meeting in Sweden??
oh yes love to come to sweden for a euro warrior meeting ... search euro warrior forum ... nost of ny best warrior friends live in there and the euro meetings are recorded there ... i have my 10 year badge for attending the official meeting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts