RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I am in search of info for mods on my wife's V-star 650 classic. I'm probably not on the right forum to ask questions about the V-Star, and if not, I would appreciate a link to a more appropriate place/forum if anyone knows of one.

My wife has over 12,000 miles on her V-star. She is ready for more power and more comfortable riding. No doubt the Warrior offers all this, but I would like to explore the possibilities with her V-star first. Her list of mods so far include..

1. Kuryakyn Twin Velocity Plus Air Kit
2. Exhaust (help!!!!!)
3. New touring seat
4. New tires and possibly rims.
5. Relocate/replace floorboards (forward).

Any advice and recommendations for any of these mods would be appreciated.

Thanks
Ted

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hi Ted, you do run into some limitations on the 650. I have a friend that I ride with and he rides the same. www.jpcycle.com carries a decent amount of aftermarket parts. Cobra makes an exhaust that gives a nice low rumble and her choice of a velocity (hyper) air kit is good. The bike will open up a little if given a chance to breath. Another good site for a wish list is from Star themselves, try www.starmotorcycles.com and you will find tons of stuff from seats to chrome, everything made from Star for the 650. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Great sites!!! I had no idea they made that much stuff for a V-Star. I see lots of $$$$ being spent in the near future.

Scott....The cobra exhaust looks awesome. I'm sure it sounds just as good as it looks.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Dont be embarassed that you ride a V-Star 650 and say it's your wifes bike! We all have to start somewhere. When you get a Warrior you will be very happy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The V-Star has been a fantastic motorcycle and it IS my wife's bike. I have a '03 harley v-rod and she just wants to keep up and find a little more comfort. Now, with that said, I know the warrior capabilities. I've also had a few warrior challengers, but mostly riding ability challenges. The warriors beat me not once, but twice. Cheers!!!!!!! Hopefully we are all on the same page and just want to ride....no matter what we ride.

A new bike for her is not out of the question. She likes the new yamaha strato series and she does ride the v-rod. I sometimes wonder if I'll get it back. Maybe you are right, the V-star upgrades are for me.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Vrod, huh? Have you seen this Vrod video? Its pretty cool!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1LO87AwwSyk
I had been looking at both the Vrod and the Warrior for years now. I rode them both but liked the Warrior more. When it came time to buy, the price and the big air cooled V twin was what did it for me. I love my Warrior.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by RockinRuss

Vrod, huh? Have you seen this Vrod video? Its pretty cool!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1LO87AwwSyk
I had been looking at both the Vrod and the Warrior for years now. I rode them both but liked the Warrior more. When it came time to buy, the price and the big air cooled V twin was what did it for me. I love my Warrior.

Yes, I've seen that before. That is the proper way to ride a v-rod. With my wife being an officer in Star Touring, I've gotten to know the yamaha line of bikes well. Yes, the warrior is an awesome ride. I've logged just over 50k miles on the v-rod and think very highly of it also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts