RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm on a bunch of other forums and some of the car guys have had great experiences with these HID kits. Very small ballast, cheap, and what seem to be great quality. The guys that have had them almost a year now have had no issues. There was one instance of a dead bulb on arrival, no prob, sent it back got 2 in return. When I was looking through the site I saw they have motorcycle kits so I figured I'd pass the info along here. I was looking to see if anyone else had posted about these but I didnt find anything.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DDM_35W_55W_Single_Hi_Lo_Bulb_Motorcycle_HID_System-106-61.html

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
The price is good.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Just ordered a kit tonight, H4 hi/lo 55w 8000k lifetime warranty, cost me $96 to my door, shipping was $19I'll post some more info once it's installed

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Be great to hear what you think of it. How easy to install, where are the components installed, were the wires long enough and, of course, the overall results. Thanks!

smashmup821 said:
Just ordered a kit tonight, H4 hi/lo 55w 8000k lifetime warranty, cost me $96 to my door, shipping was $19I'll post some more info once it's installed

·
Registered
741 Posts
RobRiguez, about a year ago I bought a unit that looked pretty much the same as the one on your link.

The first problem I had was where to mount it. I didn't want an ugly result and it wouldn't fit in the headlight and the cables didn't reach anywhere that suited.

The ignitor needs to send 80,000 volts to ignite the globe so cutting and extending the wire is a big no no due to increased resistance reducing the voltage.

I did it anyway, using the heaviest duty cable I could lay my hands on.

I attached the ignitor to the frame under the tank, just above the stockcoffin coveron the RHS (the coffin is not in use due to BAk install). The slim ballast I mounted in the coffin box.

This worked ok for a few weeks but then the ballast died.

I wasn't sure if this was due to the heat or the vibration or what so I got a new unit and lenthened the cable between ballast and ignitor, with fairly heavy duty cable as this carries 80 volts, and installed the slim ballast under the seat - under the ecu.

This too worked ok for a few weeks but then the ballast died again.

When I say it worked "ok", I mean that usually the lamp lit but not always. This meant that I had to check that the lamp had come on every time I started her up - PITA

I then went away from the ultra slim ballast and bought a normal sized one hoping this would be more robust. I installed it as per the second install, above, and it's been just brilliant for a year now, hasn't missed a beat.

The above is just my experience and a painful one it was. Hopefully this will help you avoid some of the same pain

Cheers

·
Registered
524 Posts
My HID kit came in yesterday, everything looks very top notch, plenty of wire, everything wrapped in wire loom, gold connections, everything shrinked wrapped nicely. The ballast is about the size of a razor cell phone. I put the ballast on the neck of the frame and the igniter under the tank, everything fit nicely, the bulb fits tight in the headlight housing, I had to push some wires up under the tac that were hanging down. The high-low works nice. (I read thatyou have no high side with HID but this set updoes)It looks very very bright lights up my whole garage, havent got to ride it yet, its 40 degs and been raining for a few days. So I'll let you know more info once I get some miles logged.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts