RS Warrior Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Mr_Noize

Genuine, are these units DOT approved with a DOT approved sticker on the back of the bulb. In Virginia, they are making people change their bulbs to the standard bulbs if you have one of the bulbs that has a tint (blueish light)...
Also, how hot are these units getting?

From what I understand the kits do not include the DOT certification however, as jspencer mentioned, the 4300k do not shine blue at all, it is bright white.
The units are heat regulated so don't run hot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Monstrddg

Im certainly interested.

I've already been informed that one purchase has gone through, so if you want to go ahead and send your payment info in, I'll get the process moving for you!

To LOHRTBT - it IS a lot, isn't it?! I agree with Warrior1oz - sounds like you want bi-xenon!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Genuine

quote:Originally posted by Monstrddg

Im certainly interested.

I've already been informed that one purchase has gone through, so if you want to go ahead and send your payment info in, I'll get the process moving for you!

perhaps that was mine? I sent my Paypal in and am waiting for a tracking number.....[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif]

·
Registered
807 Posts
COOL.. So I will be ordering the BI-Zenon. Is there still no way of getting one that has a longer wire for hiding the ballast more?

·
Registered
25 Posts
quote:Originally posted by LOHRTBT

COOL.. So I will be ordering the BI-Zenon. Is there still no way of getting one that has a longer wire for hiding the ballast more?

I checked when it was first brought up and was told they didn't offer a longer wire, but I've asked again. If I get a different answer I will let you know!

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks Genuine, received mine today and will look at fitting this weekend. I didn't get an instuction sheet.
I take it that the ballast will run 2 lights and that we can cut one of the wires away when all is fitted up?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
The instructions are useless anyway. Trust me on that. They were written by a 2 year old.quote:Originally posted by Warrior1oz

Thanks Genuine, received mine today and will look at fitting this weekend. I didn't get an instuction sheet.
I take it that the ballast will run 2 lights and that we can cut one of the wires away when all is fitted up?

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Warrior1oz

I hope you mean the relay (black box) not the ballast/ignitor unit. And if so, the answer is yes. I chose not to cut the extra set of wires (meant for a car application). I just folded it up, zip-tied it and fit it under the seat. Just extra stuff in case I need spare parts in an emergency....
I also got mine. Although I have not yet had a chance to install it yet, I am very disappointed in the way the kit was packaged! I bought the low beam only kit for my Busa and it arrived with a cardboard piece of paper wrapped around supposedly acting like a box! I'll post a pic of it later. I'm very surprised b/c the bi-xenon kit I bought from Genuine was nicely boxed up and protected.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks xharleyrdr, I've managed to work it out, and I'll be fitting this weekend hopefully.

Mdfdwarrior, yes I was talking about the black box. I think xharleyrdr cut his off, but I'll wait for him to chime in.
I did a check with Hella techs today and the ballast can be extended, BUT, only by some one that knows what they are doing with this type of wrapped wire.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I cut the one off I didn't use. Also if you cut it off you can only run one fuse. If you put the second fuse in on the side where the wires aren't connected it causes my light not to work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey guys.
I'm really sorry about the box - I've put a call in to the warehouse advising that this is NOT acceptable.
Warrior1oz, if you still need the instructions let me know and I can e-mail them to you.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
YEah my shipment arrived in the same flimsy cardboard type box. IT was really really thin and didn't offer much protection.

41 - 60 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.