RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
91 Posts
I would like a smooth but bare,what and how do I get you the money,also would want the core added, can't have the bike down more than one day..It makes harley dollars. [email protected] check mine @ stuartyoda in the gallery I think it would look good on her.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Kyle I got a 280 kit let me know some details plz

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
hidden caliper

Don't know if this offer is still available. Post doesn't look very active in the last couple of years, but I want one! I'm not even sure what PM means, is that a personal message? Do you have a way of finding my email address?
1 more Q, do I use my stock caliper?
OBTW, nice work!

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Not active??? these is a fairly busy thread with lots of info. PM means private message. I just sent you one. But If you have trouble finding it just give me a call and I will help you out 775-351-8221

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks kylenv, great work, great look, i love it. :D
BTW, i used a thick washer between brake caliper and swingarm to keep the brake piston from touching the swingarm while using the brake. No clearance on the swingarm needed.
Also installed a new brake line to get rid of the ugly thing Yamaha installed.

·
Vendor
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
all PM's replied to.... great little trick Marco, thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and other ways to pull this mod off :)

·
Super Moderator
5,832 Posts
If you do the hidden brake mod it is best to put new brake shoes on.With new brake shoes you have good clearance between the caliper and swingarm.If you have worn shoes,it will require a washer between the swingarm and brake bracket to give you enough clearance.I just went through this when i made a couple of these brackets to put on my bike and a friends bike.My brake pads were fairly new and worked perfect and my friends brakes were wore down enough that he needed to replace them and the caliper hit the swingarm when we installed the bracket.We used the washer on his and it worked fine but he did not like using the washer so he bought new pads.We put them on and did not need to use the washer after that.Just passing on some info for those doing this mod.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Got my hidden brake caliper mod some months ago and I love it! Great craftmanship and love the clean look....

Thanks for this great piece of work, Kyle! Worth every dime!

Relocation of the rear brake fluid reservoir is next on my to-do list....

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
What brake line have people used to replace the stock Yamaha one and "hide" it more?

Any of the braided ones will be better, I went with Spiegler.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts