RS Warrior Forum banner

Hidden caliper clearance issues

857 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  alanh 
#1 ·
I have read so many threads on this and spent much time with Kyle on phone. I know there are a few options. Shim wheel over left or get new pads. I have about 1/8” of caliper movement when caliper is pointed up and I develop plently of brake pedal. As soon as I rotate down behind arm I have no pedal because it makes contact on arm. I believe arm is just really tight. As you all know, you don’t grind Kyles arms because they are only 1/16” at the caliper. So that option is out. I need to ask, without buying pads and comparing because they will have to be mail ordered can someone look at my pic of my pads and let me know if you think I have enough meat missing that new pads may fix my problem? I really don’t want to tear rear back apart and grind spacers/add spacers. Especially if I can just throw on some pads. I only have 100 miles on this 280 kit and want to keep it together. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
This is the reason i don't have the hidden brake mod on my bike anymore. I plan on swapping a Raider rear brake set up next time i feel like modding the rear brake.

#4 ·
Your going to have to shim the inside (left) pad between the back of the brake pad and the caliper to push the caliper housing away from the swingarm.

#6 · (Edited)
^^^
It's the downside of the current Hidden Caliper Mod when the Brake Pads wear and the reason Gilly stated he went back to stock.
Shimming the Inboard Pad has always been an option but not something I would recommend. Just my .02 ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.