RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put in the yamaha high compression piston kit purley to get the bigger fatter agressive sound that I am after. I have the samson ground pounders (no baffs) so that side is taken care off. As you no that are wicked. I want to make the bike saound a bit louder fatter agressive sounding than it is. Not interested in more power not my motive just sound. So i don't want cams and vaulves etc I really am just interested in the piston upgrade only.

has anyone done the kit and can confrim that it dose yesmake the bige sound better and I will get what I am after?

cheers

·
Registered
20 Posts
It will make the bike a little louder and deeper sounding. I did noticed a slight difference in sound when i installed HC pistons in my bik. IMO, if you dont care about power and sound is all your after, its not worth doing for the little bit of sound difference you will get.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ooooh me me I have a question. Is the speed* or pr cam "lumpy" or does it still maintain the factory smooth idle? I would love to find a nice lumpy cam

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yes it will make a deeper, fatter sound. However, you may want to switch to different pipes for better "low end" tone. The Sampsons are intentionally made with thinner steel to make them "louder", but they have more of a high pitch tone than a low one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Or... you could just buy a Harly if you just want looks and sound?

I had the HC pistons and I didn't notice much of a sound difference from a stocker with the same pipes.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
sick1 said:
you may want to switch to different pipes for better "low end" tone. The Sampsons are intentionally made with thinner steel to make them "louder", but they have more of a high pitch tone than a low one.

Somehow I don't think that will be a problem for him after reading this thread where he was asking how he can get back more of the crisp treble sound he lost unexplainably.

·
Registered
151 Posts
you'll get a nice deep LOUD tone out of a set of long pipes with no baffles,i have a set off hardkrome kickers on my bike and with the baffles in the make my buddy's harley sound quiet and with the baffles out if just sounds like a monster

·
Registered
881 Posts
did I read this thread right? All that work just for the sound?

I'll be damned. To each his/her own, I guess!

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
You want deeper tone? Remove whatever baffles you have (if any) and replace them with Thunder Monster Baffles, If you have no baffles these will still deepen the tone with proper placement in the pipe with virtually no reduction in sound.

www.bigcitythunder.com

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
He doesn't want a deeper tone, he wants a louder bike and he already has Ground Pounders with no baffles Pep and is bothered that they no longer have as sharp a tone as before. I linked his other post in my previous post.

I have to agree with the others, I can't imagine spending that much money on HC pistons just for a slight change in sound but if I recall correctly you're a sound engineer so to you it might be a HUGE difference that's worth every penny. Then again if your career is dependent on your ability to hear accurately isn't it kind of a bad idea to run the loudest pipes you can get just about and still look for more ways to get louder?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey, nobody answered my question? Does anyone make a cam that shakes the tank? Or do all the aftermarket cams idle pretty smooth?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts