RS Warrior Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I bought my '02 with about 1500 miles on it last spring. Shortly after I got it, I noticed what looked like an oil leak, seaping out at the bottom of the engine (the bike was really dirty, or I wouldn't have noticed). I'm pretty sure the leak was due to being overfilled with oil at the last change. It never put a drop on the ground anywhere I parked, and now I don't see any oil coming out anywhere (about 8,000 miles).

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Its not an actual valve adjustment...you just check them and I've seen a few come in that got checked with over 20k on them and are still perfect!I think this bike is pretty near bullet proof!

·
Registered
85 Posts
How many miles should a RSW motor last before major work would be needed[?] A stock motor with no internal mods. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif] I am considering buying a used bike and have found a few with different miles on them. I'm sure that it depends on the maintenance, but for this discussion lets say that we expect the maintenance to be good.
I have 44k and running strong. My buddy had a roadie (same motor) with 160,000 and only had to work on the tranny. Buy low miles and ride it like you stole it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm orig owner '02 with 54k miles. Only ever used Mobil 1mcy 20-50 every 4k miles(rec interval) Have no major issues and never did the valve service either! Doesn't use a drop of oil between services.
#DarkSide

Attachments

·
Registered
633 Posts
142K miles. Change oil every 6 to 8k miles. Amsoil since my first change @ 12k miles. '02, and the second owner. Was my daily driver for 15 yrs. I have a 500e that is just to easy and fun to drive. Zero maintenance, well there is that annoying windshield washer fluid, and wiper blades, on occasion. My poor Warrior just hangs out in my garage. I do feel bad, but electric power is so addicting! I did replace my primary chain and gears a couple of years ago. Nothing broke, but I was hearing a mild whine out of my primary case which prompted me to do that repair. That is the second repair I did. My first was my stator went south after I installed a budget HID system off ebay. I've replaced that with the Cyclops LED. I have a new LED but I haven't taken the time to install it. I'm just not riding lately. I have also rebuilt my rear master cylinder, twice! Within a short time span too. My guess is the first kit must had been faulty in some aspect. Cheap and easy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just bought my Warrior with 50k miles from original owner (Akitadog) and I swear this runs the same or even better than the ones I tried with fewer miles.

·
Registered
06 Midnight
32 Posts
The 06 I picked up last weekend has almost 48k km/30k miles (converted for everyone else's convenience lol) and runs fine.
Also according to the service book, it was at 37k km in 2012, only done 10k odd in the last 9 years.
Font Material property Pattern Paper Circle

21 - 29 of 29 Posts