RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. List your miles driven and any problems you have had to date.

Mines a Indigo with 650 miles (wow) and no problems. Cobra exhast. I love it!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
2,000 Miles on a Bone Stock Indigo
* Needed to adjust idle at dealer
* Needed to adjust clutch cable at 400 miles
* Poping sound from under tank every once in a while (AIS???)
* Backfiring a lot in the last 200 miles

CarKnee

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
$200 for service?? You got raped! I paid $57 and thought that was a bit high for an oil change and a look over.

Anyway, I have 3400 miles on mine. Tank vibrates since recall "fixed". Had to adjust idle when new. Adjusted clutch cable about a bunch of times. Broke threaded stud that holds tank bracket to frame and have since replaced at $5.50 a stud. (I got two, for the next time I do it).Custom paint after planter her in a field. My only real complaint is for some reason, I already need a new rear tire [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
6800 miles since December 2001. No problems! Do my own wrenching and inspecting. Only money I have spent besides bolt on's and toys is regular maitenance ie. oil & filter changes. I have never brought my Warrior back to the dealer for anything, not even the 600 mile check up. Like they know anymore then we do. Please Yamaha Service is a friggin' JOKE! Periodic adjustments are clutch cable free play, idle and brake's, tire pressure (important!) oil level check. I am still running the stock Bridgestones with life still left on them stocker's. No Burnout's, but I ride as hard as anyone here. Only other that has put their stinking hands on my Warrior are the Dyno Tech's <G> My Warrior run's stronger every day. My next adventure will be to put her out of reach with the HOP-UP KIT! Can we say 2200cc! VAROOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
4000 MILES NO REAL PROBLEMS, NUMEROUS CLUTCH CABLE ADJUSTMENTS, FORGET THE GAS TANK RECALL ,LOST MANY NUTS & BOLTS DUE TO DEALERS POOR ASSEMBLY,SWITCHED DEALERS INSTALLED V&H PROPIPE & PC III RUNS BETTER & BETTER EVERYDAY

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
10000km [6200miles] since march 28.corbinseat and darkstars boomcan.every thing else stock.No problems with anything on the bike.Just a few minor adjustments.changed oils and lubes myself.Had a knocking sound from about 600 miles but Darkstar repaired that for me.Loose exhaust bolts.Thanks Darkstar.Replaced the rear tire at 5500 miles ,several burnouts.

·
Registered
744 Posts
8800 miles. No problems, as expected, unless you count the check engine light coming on once. Never saw it again.
I won't let the dealer touch it, either. Not even the recall.

·
Registered
9 Posts
1200 MILES, ONLY PROBLEMS STALLS EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE.
HAD PROBLEMS AFTER INSTALLING GROUND POUNDERS FIXED BY ADDING
TORQUE RINGS. SERVICE DONE BY DEALER (I WORK THERE)

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
2500 since aug. problems, none! sofar stock, but i have made a slip on. need a PC3 before i use it. plan on other mods soon, but i am to busy riding it to putit on the stand!

·
Registered
775 Posts
3400 miles on my red one and never a repair. All services done by ME and the only money invested is in cosmetics, Every day runs better.
My friend that has an indigo ruin a Dunlop rear tire in 2500 miles, He is a 240 pound guy and the tire had 32 PSI when we check it, Now he put a 210 Metzy and 42 PSI, 500 miles on it and just like new
Alek5

·
Registered
50 Posts
5,000 Miles, bike has Speedstar kit. Normal maintenance and the Speedstar exhaust totally disintegrating every 500 miles...what a piece of crap!!! If you want to go throught the **** that I did though it could pay off. Yamaha is buying me Samson Street sweepers, PCIII and a dyno tuning/custom map. I had to threaten with law suit when the whole exhaust nearly fell off on the highway to Vegas. Now they seem nice as can be, imagine that! I am hearing that because my bike has unfiltered velocity stacks it could mess up my engine any mod suggestions?

·
Registered
92 Posts
5700mi. june 7 02, DG slipon, Boulevard solo, tour pillion, No problems as of yet. debating recall work on tank per talk on the other forums. Need new tire.

·
Registered
76 Posts
5700 mi. No engine, intake, or exhaust mods yet. No problems other than the dealer replacing the rear tire for me and screwing up my belt tension, causing a ticking noise to come out of the primary. Plan on having them fix that when the snow flies. This baby runs! Planning for a PC3, new pipes, drag bars, iso grips and pegs, custom paint. Man, that is gonna cost me... But it will be worth every cent![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
37 Posts
1700 miles.. No problems, just regular adjustments. Didnt go back for the tank recall hope I dont have too. Getting The Samson Slashers this week cant wait /emoticons/emotion-1.gif Love this baby!

·
Registered
717 Posts
7800 miles since January ... no problem with the bike. The typical pop, and my front tire is cupping. I also spent about $200+ on the 600 mile service but have been doing the oil change stuff myself. I had to change the back tire at 3800 miles ...

·
Registered
700 Posts
5400 miles since May... Normal maint done.

My biggest problems with having the bike have been speed limits, a lack of time to ride, rain whenever I have time to ride, the fact that I have to work which takes time away from riding, the occasional need for sleep.....

All kidding aside, a solid ride with very managable issues that I accept as part of my relationship with the Warrior.

·
Registered
394 Posts
2157 to date and loving every minute! Only problem is the stalling, I let it warm up now and haven't had a problem since. I wish I had more time to put miles on her!
Dsweer1

1 - 20 of 33 Posts