RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to remove my forward foot control 5" extensions, but finally got and installed some highway bars. Love the look, but felt so weird with foot controls being so close.. but I found a 1 3/4" extension kit online I think will work with the bars, to at least push back out from stock.
Also added the saddlebag mounts.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are they custom or are they the ones off of eBay. I like them.
Thanks, I like them too! they are from a bike shop in UK, off of eBay. The only ones I could find in the states are are the standard/ugly roundish ones.. just not right for this bike. I like the moustache bars look.

·
Registered
13,022 Posts
Which Harley model were those meant for?
Who knows. Sellers on eBay usually have no clue. You just have to measure the height, (don’t want too tall), and the opening at the bottom between frame mounts. Those can be one or two inches off if you’re willing to muscle it.

You also have to be willing to drill a hole in the cross piece neck brace.

I bought each of these for about $125, with footpegs installed. Well worth it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
looks good but im pretty sure 5inch extensions wont fit with those on there. i have 5inch forward controls and from what i could tell a crash bar wont fit with them there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Who knows. Sellers on eBay usually have no clue. You just have to measure the height, (don’t want too tall), and the opening at the bottom between frame mounts. Those can be one or two inches off if you’re willing to muscle it.

You also have to be willing to drill a hole in the cross piece neck brace.

I bought each of these for about $125, with footpegs installed. Well worth it.
Do you still have the measurements you used for the warrior by chance?

·
Registered
13,022 Posts
No, that was many years ago.

Just measure the frame width at the front pegs. Then measure up from the pegs to about the middle of the cross brace. That’s the greatest height you can use. When you search eBay, I’ve found most sellers were very willing to give me those two numbers, I guess cuz nobody buys used highway bars.

Edit: if it’s an inch or two too wide, you can use a ratchet strap to pull them closer. However, just be aware that makes it taller. I did that and almost got one too tall. Also, you will put them behind your pedestal mounts. Which means you’ll need to shim the back bolts to keep it equidistant from the frame, and thus square. I used washers on one, the other I had some metal I cut to size.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looks good but im pretty sure 5inch extensions wont fit with those on there. i have 5inch forward controls and from what i could tell a crash bar wont fit with them there.
I had to remove my foot control extensions to install the highway bars. I miss them, but plan to install some shorter extensions. but for now, added some kuryakyn offset longhorn highway pegs.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have these. Pegs scrap before the bars. Thick, heavy, and beefy. Just a half inch too far to be used as a foot rest for me at 5'10. Mine were made in Poland and sold on Ebay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a company who make bars for the Warrior, Evil Chop in Europe. I understand they ship worldwide. Had one on my Shadow years ago

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have these. Pegs scrap before the bars. Thick, heavy, and beefy. Just a half inch too far to be used as a foot rest for me at 5'10. Mine were made in Poland and sold on Ebay.
yeah, same.. just too far to reach, that's why I had to add the footpegs, couldn't reach the highway bars comfortably

1 - 19 of 19 Posts