RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if anyone here has highway pegs on their warrior? I have looked at the ones from kuryaken that I can bolt right onto the down tubes on the frame. I am not sure if they will work because of the angle of the tubes versus the way the pegs will sit on the bike. I would like something on the bike for the longer trips since I dont have forward controls, I have the stock controls that came on the bike. I have found that its difficult ay times to find things for the warrior that I would like to put on the bike, since it seems that many suppliers appear to cater to harley and honda and more of the other yamahas, does anyone have a place that they go to for morewarrior stuff. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

freerider8

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm pretty sure someone put a set from Kuryakyn on there Warrior, I don't remember who but they looked really good. You might be able to do a search for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought some after market ones but for the life of me i cant remember the brand. I may be able to find the reciept. Anyway you can see them on my bike pic. They fold up niceley but the bolts that came with them are constantly getting surface rust and have to be cleaned. Other than that they work great.

Terry

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input and I checked out your bike and they look great and that is exactly what I'm looking for. I am slowly adding different mods to my bike, I like all the different things that I see you have done. I'm going to look for the ones you have and see if I can find them.

thanks

chuck

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I bought a set of the Kuryakyn highway pegs and mounted them to the downtubes. I do have forward controls, so I had to mount them a bit higher than I would have liked. They ended up being too high for my taste. If I had stock controls, I could have gone lower, and they would have been perfect. They are totally adjustable.

I'll sell them to you if you're interested. One of the foot pegs needs to be replaced. The housing cracked around the rubber inserts. New, they sell at $189.99

You can have this set for $80 delivered to your door. I mounted them, put 20 miles on the bike with them, and took them off. If you replace the footpeg, you've got an all but new set of highway pegs.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that sounds like a deal, I'm checking on a price of just the foot peg and I'll get back to you. Send me your info on where to send you the money for them and what do you want for the license plate mounts that you have listed on your profile page. I like how they look

thanks

chuck

·
Premium Member
1,609 Posts
I put the Kuryakyn swing wing pegs on the warrior, ..Work great.. in place of factory pegs.. get a 3 inch forward and out from bike. takes a little gettin used too. I'll post a pic after work today .

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
freerider8 said:
that sounds like a deal, I'm checking on a price of just the foot peg and I'll get back to you. Send me your info on where to send you the money for them and what do you want for the license plate mounts that you have listed on your profile page. I like how they look

thanks

chuck

[email protected] is my paypal.

License plate holders are $54 including shipping. They are made to order. You should have it within a week. Let me know which version you want.

Thanks!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought some after market ones but for the life of me i cant remember the brand. I may be able to find the reciept. Anyway you can see them on my bike pic. They fold up niceley but the bolts that came with them are constantly getting surface rust and have to be cleaned. Other than that they work great.

Terry
I know this is a super old thread, but I have been looking at highway peg options. I'm hoping Badmojo is still on here :). Mojo- Do you know what brand/ model those folding highway pegs you have in your picture?

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
I know this is a super old thread, but I have been looking at highway peg options. I'm hoping Badmojo is still on here :). Mojo- Do you know what brand/ model those folding highway pegs you have in your picture?
I wouldn't hold your breathe as it has been a while since he has been on here

"Last Activity: 05-13-2009 04:02 PM"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts