RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Delmarva bike week this past week.Was down there with 2 other warriors a R1 and a custom.Week started off bad with helping my freind work on his custom 3 days off and on untill the starter let go and blew apart into the trans on Friday morning.Friday night everything got worse.4 of us went out for a cruise in town around 11:30 pm. We got seperated at a light and me and my one freind on his warrior were cruising when his light gas light came on.We head down through looking for gas.We see a 7-11 and pass a bus a block and a half before it and as I left off the gas to pull in I feel a hit from behind and slide to a stop on the edge of the road.He had thought the bus was closer and was on the gas harder and locked uphis brakes and ran right into my rear wheel with the left fork,blowing my tire and bending the wheel which stopped turning once it hit the rear brake caliper.Neather of us went down which is great but my wheel is destroyed.My other freind on his warrior went back to get the truck and trailer.He got pulled over a half a block from the house for rolling through a stop sight but only got a warning.One good thing I can say is that the quallity of Performance Edges's welds is top notch.Wheel did not crack at any spot,all welds are intact.Just bent.Now he is contacting Matt to get me a new chrome wheel and tire.We are checking the axleand swingarm to make sure everything is straight.

·
Registered
989 Posts
that sucks man, sounds like you would have opted for an uneventful weekend over this. I hope you can get your bike back together before the season is over.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
a wise man once said " any problem that can be solved with money isnt really a problem at all" i'm just glad you and your buddy werent hurt, the bike can always be fixed

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alredy have a deposit on a new rear wheel from PE.If all goes well it should be back together next weekend. I agree the most important thing is that nobody got hurt.My bud was hesitant at first walking up to me,I told him all that matered was we we ok.Then descused fixing my ride.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just found out that the wheels that were at chroming were radius edge.Now have to wait another 6-8 weeks(if all goes well)for square edge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts