RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was playing around with photoshop and came up with this Walz Hardcore Cycles look to my bike...

I love the look, but being that low to the ground would just seem completely impractical to ride (even if raised up with a Tricky air for riding). Not to mention the front fender constantly hitting the bottom triple tree with it being that low up front.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Nice photo shop work - with no suspension or a very limited amount and it just might work. Just need perfectly flat roads which are unheard of in New England.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
I wish tricky or somebody would come up with something for the front forks. I would love to lower the whole thing....

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
OH, love the mirror by the way. I have been looking at the Yaffi ones for some time now, but just can't choke down the price. I will be doing what you did for sure. Now, all I have to do is look for some donner mirrors, LOL....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by Brit_Warrior

It is a nice look but at what price? If the bike would become virtually unrideable then it would only be good for show.

I agree completely. I don't see how it would be rideable. Even for the short rides that i do (45 minutes at a time, just around town). I wonder how the WHC bikes are able to be ridden, even just as bar hoppers. He's able to keep the bottom of the frame level with the ground and still be slammed...

Insert Image:

22.36 KB

My guess is that his frame geometry is different... his head tubes and backbones are a little higher to give more travel up front, but the tanks sit lower on the frame to keep a low look to the bike.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
quote:Originally posted by mdfdwarrior

how did you get that pulley lip machined?[8D]
I stripped the paint off the whole pulley (quite a task), and then brushed the lip using red Scotchbrite pads, then painted the center to go with my wheels. [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25009&whichpage=2

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
It does look good. But pretty is as pretty does, and I think the guys are right about the suspension.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
quote:Originally posted by lagalaxy8

quote:Originally posted by redbullssg

I wish tricky or somebody would come up with something for the front forks. I would love to lower the whole thing....

They do

yup their are a few companys doing front air rides including tricky

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
and they have them for Road Star frames, or so it says on tricky's website

http://www.trickyair.com/

if you have some fab skills though, I'd look at the progressive stuff (not that I'm unhappy with my Tricky, I just like the idea of a TRUELY adjustable system).

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have mine set up like that....I have been through 3 front fenders LOL I have my fork tubes 2" up in the trees and ride with the tricky air only up about 1/2". I ride it this way for bar hopping and bike nights. Any other time I just raise the front if we are going on long rides and air up the back some. Front air ride would make it so much more enjoyable tho!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts