RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick message to say Hi. I am active duty mil stationed in NM, but will be PCSing (moving)to VA in the near future. Currently own a street bike, but getting too old [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif] to drag the knees anymore. I plan on buying a Warrior as soon as I get to VA. Have several questions:
1. Should i buy the Speedstar comp pkg with the bike new or wait and break the bike in first?
2. any aftermarket packages that work better/cheaper than the speedstar?
3. Any1 know of a decent dealer on the Hampton area?
Appreciate any help/advice/info provided.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry! In all my excitment I forgot to read the welcome mat rules. will repost my tech questions in appropriate 4m.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you do a search on the site for SpeedStar you should find plenty of direction as to when is best for install. You will also find alternative performance upgrades. Do a search on VBAK and/or Patrick Racing.
I would ride the bike as is until I knew which direction to go, although I'd have to get rid of the stock exhaust as soon as possible. It performs OK, it just looks bad and doesn't sound that great either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all for the replies! This is an outstanding forum and nice to see the mutual support and comaraderie that you all have and bring to the sport/lifestyle. I am driving the wife crazy until we get there and get the bike bought. Gotta agree on the stock exhaust...it is butt ugly to say the least. Guess the engineers didn't consider curb appeal.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Welcome and enjoy (when you get her). Probably best to hang back for awhile so you can search all the info on the 4UM regarding engine kits, etc. I hate to tell you this but you ain't past the knee dragging stage with one of these little beauties!!!!!!![/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
phreanb,

Welcome to the forums! And since you're heading up to Virginia...Welcome to Virginia too! I live in the Hampton Roads area...Hampton, VA to be exact...Where are you going to be stationed?

I'd be more happy to help you out any way I can...As for your questions...Here's my opinion...

1. Should I buy the SpeedStar competition package with the bike new or wait and break the bike in first?

Answer: In my opinion I'd buy the kit and hold onto it until the bike is broke in. You might even get a good deal if you buy the kit and bike together...Of course, switch out the stock water heater exhaust for a new pipe.

2. Any aftermarket packages that work better/cheaper than the SpeedStar?

Answer: Never hurts to shop around...I suggest you check out G&S Cycles, Orient Express and Patrick Racing. They offer performance upgrade kits...There's a couple of other places, as well...

3. Anyone know of a decent dealer on the Hampton area?

Answer: CASEY CYCLE CITY!![/emoticons/emotion-5.gif][/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Their located in Newport News, VA. My brother and I have been racing for them for almost 19 years and they are the only dealership that I go to for anything and everything. Let me know and I will be more than happy to hook you up...I know the owners and everyone that works there from the sales dept. to the parts dept. to the service dept.

Well...Good luck with your move...Can't wait to see another Warrior in the Hampton Roads area...

Oh...And if you happen to see this little black beauty around...I'll either be on it or darn close by...[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

Mark aka Mad Man

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks MadMan,
Hope to see you there and will keep an eye out for your bike. She's a beaut! I will be at Langley AFB sometime late spring/early summer. Winter is still coming and going here. Sometimes high 60s/low 70s and then other days it will be cold. Still WINDY as **** here (that never seems to go away here in NM) Have had a few rides in the mountains, but still have a little ice/snow so can't push it too much (still riden' tho, can't beat it!) But i'm a east coast guy, originally from FL, so can't wait to get back there. I'll be sure to stop by CASEY CYCLE CITY and see what they got. What kind of racing do you do...drag? Hey reblwarrior, I can't way to get one of these babies laid over, you know what they (say whoever they is), 40 is the new 30...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts