RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the full header on the bike two days ago and have
had a chance to do a mini-review of it for those that are interested.

It
comes with 12 removable plates for the Supertrapp canister, a closed
end cap and an open "closed course use only" cap which I am running
right now, with 6 plates. There are also two lengths of bolts for the end cap and plate attachment, as well as a little tube of anti-sieze compound for the threads, adequate for all bolts concerned with some left over. The closed cap I have yet to try. As far as
noise level, it sounds on a par with the Speedstar pipe at idle, nice
and mellow, when you open the throttle, you get a nice bellow, but not
the high frequency characteristic to the Speedstar pipe. Also, it seems
to have almost done away with the "flat spot" the Warrior had when you
open the throttle and let out the clutch to take off...I'm really
impressed with that! There is more of a low frequency rumble to the
pipe...something like the ProPipe or the Big Radius even.

Assembly
was fairly easy, although I did experience a little difficulty getting
the front exhaust spigot onto the top bolt, but no grinding or
enlarging of holes was necessary...just a little dexterity and tapping with a
wooden handled knife and a small hammer. They recommend taking off the right side footrest assembly, but I didn't need to ...the room provided by by my forward control extensions geve me enough room to jockey it on with room to spare...wrapped in the bubble wrap, of course!! I just cut it off once it was situated properly. The instructions are good, but
no pics of just how it should look on the bike....they refer you to the
website for that. They do include a guid to tuning the Supertrap can and
recommend configuirations based on what you want, and a couple complimentary Dale Walker Holeshot stickers and a Supertrap sticker as well.

No, I haven't gotten any sound clip...yet. Maybe I can get that done over the weekend. It does sound great and power is fine...also it seems to have decreased the usual popping, by about half!!!I have to take out my plugs and do a test run with it yet....using the Speedstar map for now, it seems good!!

There's a couple pics in my gallery of the exhaust on the bike for those that are interested!!

Ride safe and smile wide!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
I know this is about your exhaust, but those wheels of yours are AWESOME. Hmmmmmm maybe in black and red for me

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx....they are Carrozzeria V-Stars that I bought through Wild Bros and Forged Wheel.com. I went polished but should've gotten them chromed! There are a few other members here that have them...mdfdwarrior, micke, and Darkside, whose wheels are anodised red and extremely SICK!!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I love my Holeshot header system. Only warning will be it gets hot....very hot. But the performance is rockin and the sound is sweet. Like a gixxer whine at high speed but deeper. I wrapped mine with header wrap but that was just my choice.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
independent_lemming said:
I love my Holeshot header system. Only warning will be it gets hot....very hot. But the performance is rockin and the sound is sweet. Like a gixxer whine at high speed but deeper. I wrapped mine with header wrap but that was just my choice.
It does get warm, but I haven't really noticed much difference between
the Speedstar and the Holeshot in radiant heat...the canister is almost
cool to the touch after a ride, and I notice my pant leg rubbing
against theguard. What map are you using for yours, (if you have a PCIII)and would you care to share??
The header wrap might be a cool thing to do...just have to find somewhere that sells the stuff around here.

·
Premium Member
8,963 Posts
SuicideD_45 .... the Holeshot exhaust system is a great looking pipe
but it doesn't look like it has a heat shield??

Also, looks to be hanging a lot lower under the Cam Cover than the stock exhaust pipe??

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
AlanH said:
SuicideD_45 .... the Holeshot exhaust system is a great looking pipe
but it doesn't look like it has a heat shield??

Also, looks to be hanging a lot lower under the Cam Cover than the stock exhaust pipe??
Alan it really is an illusion, it hangs no lower but yes it can be scrapped but unless it goes over the cam cover I think you can scrape all fo them or at least I did with the propipe, big shots, jug huggers, stock and a custom built.

SuicideD, you can find some at O'Rilley, Auto Zone and Advance Auto parts. Opt for the black wrap because after you seal it , say it happens to move just a hair you dont get the (tanned) little strip showing, it will look all black.

I have had a little problem with the rubber strip at the rear bracket wondering out from under it but I dont worry about it to much. I just untightened the bolt and slipped it back into place. Oh with one package of wrap (50') I was able to do a double on the rear pipe, a single wrap on the front and a double over the collector. Really helped to drop the temp on the steel shank in the back of my boots and temp to my lower inside calf. ( I dont have calfs, I have cows. they bulge out so the heat may just be an issue for me).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts