RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't done much searching yet but thought I'd ask, is therea good place to get hollow bolts for doing an internal wire job or am I better off just buying some hardened ones and having them machined?

·
Premium Member
8,929 Posts
imevh2 said:
Haven't done much searching yet but thought I'd ask, is therea good place to get hollow bolts for doing an internal wire job or am I better off just buying some hardened ones and having them machined?
Practically speaking, the Warrior OEM handlebar wiring uses multi terminal Hitachi style connectors that would not be suitable for your desired modification. Removal of the riser bolt would require extracting the terminal pins from the connector body to remove the handlebar.

Of course, you can opt to change the present wiring method but you'll want to use the largest OD riser bolt, which would be 14mm OD. I can't say that i'm aware of any hollow riser or TT's with this size, but i've been wrong before. The Baron Kickback riser uses M14 but is a solid billet riser. You could probably replace the factory riser bushings with something special, etc.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
How would you get 12 wires through a hollow bolt? Seems like they wouldn't fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts