RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And I haven't done one burnout! I haven't locked it up either. I swear that tire looked good two weeks ago! Tonight after finishing up the new pipe install, I was all set to go for a test spin and happen to catch of glimpse of my rear tire. The middle is worn out! I mean it's worn flat and has belts showing! This is a Dunlop by the way. I wish I had seen that a few days earlier...it might be days before I can get a new one! Think I'm gonna go with a 210 Metzler if I can find one...probably have to mailorder.

Here it is:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure. I would have sworn the previous owner said about 1500 miles. I've had two people ask me if I was about ready for a new tire. I swear I thought it looked fine. I have looked at it at least twice, but tonight it looked different. There are spots where it looks like I've been doing burnouts or sliding on the center section. And one particular spot with threads showing. I'm parking the damned thing until I find a tire. And I'm going to buy a new air gauge...I don't trust mine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Those cords will sneak up on you. Did the same thing walking up to my Warrior from behind and "what is that stripe down the middle".

It happens quick!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'm gonna have to be more vigilant about checking the pressure too. I think I'm gonna try to keep it between 42psi and 45psi, as I am a full fledged member of the 200+ (pounds) club!

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Just FYI the 210 Metz wont last more than 3K miles.
You may wanna check Parts411.com for tire prices also, they seem to have competetive prices.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Hey 357. If you can find a tire that last more than 3k you let us all know. So far I have run the Battleaxe, Exedra850, and Dunlop220. The OEM is my winner at 3200. Exedra850 was great for grip though. No more Dunlops under any circumstances. Too greasy ince they wear.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
BHW, is it, by any chance, a Dunlop D208? I ran a set of them on my warrior one time and they were super-sticky, but the rear was completely gone after about 1,500 miles. If it's a D220, you should expect more like 5,000 miles from the rear.

I've started using the Avon Azaro, and intend to keep using them. I've gotten about 7,500 milesfor the rear on my last two sets. They seem to be a little stickier than the D220.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tires on the bike now are Dunlop D220s. The front looks very good by the way.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
My last dunlop d220 lasted slightly better than 5300 miles. It started to look bad in the center so I lit her up a couple times then replaced it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
quote:Originally posted by MIGHTYMIKE

american motorcycle tires has the 210 metz . about $150.00 with shipping . took 2 days for mine to get to mine.

YuP!!! Just got mine today and it looks and rides great!! /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

That dunlop sucks!! Mine did the same thing.

Just make sure you up the pressure on the tire on the Metz 210 or it will wear prematurely. Like 48-51psi especially if 2 up riding. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Avon Azaro ST45 (or 46) wear really well. My Dunlop lasted 4300 miles with no burnouts and peeled the middle out under acceration one day. The Avon has 3k on it and it looks better than my Dunlop at 1500 miles. AmericanMotoTire has them for about $150 delivered.

·
Registered
10,143 Posts
When you guys order tires online and have them delivered, who do you get to install them? Local dealer? Do local dealers generally not have a problem doing that?

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My Dunlop D208 I Watched it melt before my eyes great for the track .I got about 1,300 miles from it,Waste of cash. I'am sticking with the shinko raven for around 84.00 on the net 96.00 with shipping and no tax I got 3,000,00 brutal miles on my shinko 170/60/17.Going up to a 190/50/17 It should arrive tommorow.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JamesD

Hey 357. If you can find a tire that last more than 3k you let us all know. So far I have run the Battleaxe, Exedra850, and Dunlop220. The OEM is my winner at 3200. Exedra850 was great for grip though. No more Dunlops under any circumstances. Too greasy ince they wear.
Avon Azaro. Best combo of wear and stick in a sport touring tire I ever tried on the Warrior, routinely gave me 6500+. I just put a new Avon Azaro front on my FZ-1 this weekend and rode it all day today. Sweet! The FZ just drops in and out of lean effortlessly, really like it a lot better than the BT020s I used to run up front. Check out the Avons.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
quote:Originally posted by JamesD

Michelin Pilot

1 - 20 of 77 Posts