1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Oh my. Not a good sign for 2009 motorcycle events

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yeah, that's a shame. I've noticed all sorts of signs like this that the manufacturer's and dealer channels in the industry are pretty much going into a hibernation mode it seems. I see more and more websites that haven't been updated in forever, nobody's stocking anything at all, the shows are more about accessories and stuff then bikes, companies going under...... you'd think it would be a great time to buy since you would assume people are desperate to make a motorcycle sale but it's looking more like they all would rather just shut down until things improve.

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Marco, I have to agree with you. Honda has dropped quite a few models. So has Kawasaki. My dealer has fewer larger bikes, and is pushing the 900-950s.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
One of the most successful rallies? With only almost 250,000 attendies in 15 years? No wonder why they're shutting it down. We get almost that much in one Lone Star Rally or one Republic of Texas Rally. It does help having Houston, Dallas, Austin and San Antonio within a half day ride. Bummer for Honda.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
That's OK. It sucked and was a complete waste of time.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Saw it the other day while surfing...Bummer

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Seems pretty lame to cancel because of "economic uncertainty". Why cancel something based on what might happen? Lame, lame, lame.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
"Economic uncertainty" is their way of saying "things are sucking and you people aren't buying our shlt" in a more politically correct way. The only reason for them tohost the hoot is to increase interest in their brand and try and generate future customers and brand loyalty but if nobody is buying any motorcycles of any brand and nobody is even trying then they figure why should they bother since it's just a waste of money. I don't blame them but I also completely agree it's lame lame lame. It's about as helpful and good of a solution as selling off all your stocks when the market gets weak. This kind of attitude is even more annoying when your wife says you can have pretty much whatever bike you want this year but the industry has died back so much it's hard to find thatperfect new toy.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
JamesD said:
That's OK. It sucked and was a complete waste of time.

That about sums it up. It used to be over here in Western N. C. then they thought it would grow bigger in Tn. It's a Goldwing ding.

One good thing tho.. I met Wannab there a few years ago. That guy made me chase his azz around the parking lot. The only wayI could get his attention was to nearly T-bone him.

Still I'm surprised they nixed a fairly well attended event.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
I met Wannabe at the 07 hoot, super nice guy. That being said, I attended the 04-07 hoot to buy gear. You can get some good deals there because the dealers would barter with you. I did not attend the 08 hoot because Honda made it clear that only Honda bikes would be featured there that year. In time past and at different yearsI looked at Victories, Aprillia, Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Buel, BMW, and even Ural, so when they announced that it would be Honda only in 08, I simply did not go. With an attitude like that I won't miss them.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
jabo said:
I met Wannabe at the 07 hoot, super nice guy. That being said, I attended the 04-07 hoot to buy gear. You can get some good deals there because the dealers would barter with you. I did not attend the 08 hoot because Honda made it clear that only Honda bikes would be featured there that year. In time past and at different yearsI looked at Victories, Aprillia, Triumph, Moto Guzzi, Buel, BMW, and even Ural, so when they announced that it would be Honda only in 08, I simply did not go. With an attitude like that I won't miss them.

Honda ONLY? Gee whiz, most Honda owners probably wouldn't even show up for that. Good riddance.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Honda only? Makes sense if they were footing most of the bill, but perhaps the "Honda only" thing is what cost them much of their attendance. This is big loss . . . . . . . . . . . . . .for Honda, and a mistake.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts