RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I may have seriously screwed the pooch here...after riding today, I started cleaning the plastic parts with the Plexus spray. I heard a sizzling sound and saw that I had accidentally sprayed some of the Plexus on the very hot exhaust. Kee-rap. [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]
It appears to be baked on...I've tried WD 40, some cleaner waxes, Mequires Scratch X...it does not seem to be coming off.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
There have been quite a few posts about burned shoes & pipes. There were lots of suggestions on there, I think oven cleaner was one of them, but I haven't tried any so far.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don't worry about it. I still have a half-dollar sized rough spot on my header from where I put my calf on it after my test ride at the dealer. I figured it branded me, so I had to buy it.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
quote:Originally posted by LocoMike

Don't worry about it. I still have a half-dollar sized rough spot on my header from where I put my calf on it after my test ride at the dealer. I figured it branded me, so I had to buy it.

I burned my sports trousers onto the exhaust, I rubbed so **** hard I took the chrome off! OOOPS! [/emoticons/emotion-6.gif]

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Original formula Easy Off oven cleaner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the suggestions! I tried some rubbing compound, no luck. Then, I saw an old bottle of Turtle Wax Chrome Polish hidden way back on the shelf. Old School! That and some serious rubbing got it all off. The spousal finance commission vetoed the new exhaust initiative.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts