RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put money down on a 2003 warrior. 7500miles. $8000 its got an air kit, bars, rinehart pipes, braided cables, pcIII. dont know if it had the recall yet the dealer wasnt too knowledge. i hope i got a deal. im not sure. warriors are hard to find in milwaukee. let me know how i did. ive got pics but i dont know how to make the file smaller. it says it only allows 97k and the pic is 2103k. here is a link to the site i found it on. http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/3/4/84746434.htm

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Not the best deal in the world.. but not the worst either... What matters is that you now have one... and let the modness begin.. /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks very nice to me! [^]
I see a Speedstar Air Scoop. It might have a PC-III.
That's my favorite paint for 03. Shines up perty. [^]
You're gonna love that bike! Congrats and welcome!

Enjoy the journey as much as the ride! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
861 Posts
Welcome to the modness. Your dealer should be able to run your VIN with Yammi and determine if the tranny recall has been done. The dealer that performs the recall is also supposed to punch a mark above one of the characters in the VIN on the neck...not all do though. If your lucky it hasn't been done... great opportunity to get free labor on some serious internal engine mods. Congratz on your new ride.

·
Registered
735 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Kroozn2

Looks very nice to me! [^]
I see a Speedstar Air Scoop. It might have a PC-III.
That's my favorite paint for 03. Shines up perty. [^]
Your gonna love that bike! Congrats and welcome!

Enjoy the journey as much as the ride! [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]
also, looks like it has the 3 inch forward extensions installed, lower cowl, risers and iso grips...looks like a good deal to me. Congratulations!! [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Considering the mods you have, it's actually a decent deal. The pipes alone are a lot of $$$, and they are arguably the best on the market. The important thing is you have a Warrior. Welcome, and congrats!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you all for the positive feedback. it means alot. i feel better now that i ran it past you guys. now how can i make my picture files smaller so i can post them. also is there anything else you think i should mod right away? im kinda low on cash now though. does anyone know if its legal in wisconsin to have a license plate side mounted vertically? im also looking for a cheap sissybar. my girlfriend wont ride on it otherwise

·
Registered
4,703 Posts
Think you did fine. Get the VIN # and check with Yamaha Customer Relations or Dealer to see if the recall was done. If it has not save your scheckels for some internal mods. Enjoy and Welcome.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I must follow the 'as long as you got one' crowd- particularly since I found this forum after I bought mine, and realize I got raped /emoticons/emotion-1.gif

·
Registered
735 Posts
quote:Originally posted by youn3gr

can anyone tell me how to make my picture file sizes smaller so i can post them?
Here ya go! Remember, you can find the answer to any question using the SEARCH feature under FORUMS. It's where I learned the most about my bike. [8D][/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=25778

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You got a fair price. No worries there... Its a nice set of fairly $$ mods already on it, so now you can concentrate on what REALLY matters - a 240 kit! /emoticons/emotion-3.gif

JT

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
240 kit would be a dream come true. but im already breakin the bank on the bike. give it a year or so

1 - 20 of 21 Posts