RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my warrior saturday and I love the thing but I was wondering if anybody could tell me how much HP and torque this thing has off the floor.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
yamaha claims these numbers but I think that that's at the Crankshaft. So you have to take 10% off.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/accessories/SubCon500.asp?lid=1&cid=2&mid=60&connavid=119&sconnavid=2329&pid=1963&in=spd5px090104.jpg

80hp 100ft-lbs

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Speaking of looking at the $, I spent the past Saturday riding with a hand built custom. $34,000.00 US dollars on his 100 cid Revtech based bar hopper. In a straight line he didn't get left behind to bad. Everywhere else it was pretty sad really. Made me feel pretty good about my investment.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I love riding with my buddies and there 30,000.00+++ custom bikes when im not spanking there ass on the twisties im usually enjoying my ice cold beverage while there turning wrenches last week my buddy blew out his head gasket on his TP motor trying to keep up had to remove heads and send them to TP spent 100.00 just in shipping still teasing him only beacause he wore me out about getting a yamaha told me i should build a custom WRONG!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Stock off he floor the bike probably has low to mid 70's in hp and about 100 ft/lbs torque. With pipe and air mods about 10% gain can be expected. There are many variables, but there is sooooooo much torque that it really doesn't matter. Mine had 112 ft/lbs after PC111, mods and dyno.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Rob, I have a question: looking at the chart, I'm reading that a 14% boost in max HP and an 8% boost is max torque can be had over bone stock simply by adding the Propipe and a PC3. No intake air mods, no BAK? Am I correct in my understanding?

That sounds like a nice gain for not messing with air mods. What can I expect if using the map supplied by DynoJet for the Propipe?

Thanks, your insight is always appreciated!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Carlos....don't bother with the throttle bodies until have done the heads as well..you'll kill some torque otherwise....the Orient Express Big Bore kit and the Orient Express Cam Kit should put you about 25 hp over a properly piped and PC3'd bike give or take a few hp either way.

Stile...yup no air box mod, no intake mod. We used the DJ supplied map for that run too. The current slew of Air Filtration Kits on the market for the Warrior for the most part have proven on our dyno to all underperform the owners expectations and the manufacturers claims.

Jspencer...Maybe Florida but most likely the sideburner that's busy looking pretty and not making all the hp you want. Also you have to have a baseline to compare your bike to before and after the mods...if your bike stock, lets say made 63 hp and now makes 85hp, I'd say thats pretty darn good.....if it made 81 and now makes 86 ,I'd say it wasn't too good.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
90HP and 108ft/lbs torque with a bolt on pipe, a PC3 with the DJ supplied map, and no BAK.

You wouldn't perhaps have a dyno chart of the V&H BigShots with only a PC-III for comparison?

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Yeah Rob i had a baseline run. The Pipe and Bak gave me no HP increase and 6 ft/lbs of torque increase. But my stock numbers were a little less than the ones you have. I was a bit dissappointed given DG indicated they got 6 to 8 hp increase with this pipe on their Dyno

1 - 15 of 15 Posts