RS Warrior Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done the search thing, but 90 percent of threads either have dead links or don't specifically pertain to this question. Sorry if this has been asked, but i couldn't find an answer.

With that being said, I'm looking to get my bike retuned soon, and want to do new plugs before the tune. I want to run a hotter plug and see if that benefits anything at all, what are you all running? Im currently running NKG Irridium IX DPR7EIX-9 7803

current mods are as follows:
Big air kit
AIS blockoff
Graffeo Exhaust
Custom FPR
PC3 USB

·
[Retired Admin-SuperMod]
30,720 Posts
There is zero value to hotter plugs in this motor. It's already got two plugs per jug.

Instead, consider DC2-1 ignition coils. They solve some troubles with aging stock coils, and with the stock hard-wired secondary wires, and with the pesky thread-on boots.

Did you leave the factory gap on the 7803's when you installed them? Most folks do. Figured I would ask. It's tricky to re-gap iridium spark plugs and with the finewire there isn't much benefit IMHO.

BTW it's wise to always use fresh spark plug crush washers (parts store) when you uninstall then reinstall the spark plugs. It gets a good seal every time while avoiding the need to over-torque the steel spark plug threads into the aluminum motor.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
How are you retuning your bike....does it have an option for timing control??
That is where you will pick up power.
Hotter plugs will not give you any more power on this motor. It will run hotter in the head and more risk of detonation or pre-ignition. I would put in a fresh set of plugs and retune using fuel a & ignition to get the most out of this motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts