RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Re: Houston area garage day

I got my heads back today, so it looks like the garage day should be on for the 18th. I doubt I'll be able to wait until then to start putting her back together, but I know I won't be finished before next weekend....

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

I sent you guys a PM with my address & phone number. I think I got everyone, but let me know if you didn't get the info.

FYI, you guys may want to avoid the entire stretch of 1774 from the Y at 149/1774 all the way to 1488. The Renaissance Festival is going on and traffic through Magnolia is nuts. If you're coming from the Woodlands, you may want to take some side streets in Magnolia and go around the 1488/1774 intersection.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

For those who are coming out, any time between 8 and 12 should be fine. I will be starting pretty early putting my bike back together and I'll probably take a break to watch the Aggies (probably) lose to the red raiders....although I'm sure I won't be able to stomach the whole game.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

ridingrules said:
For those who are coming out, any time between 8 and 12 should be fine. I will be starting pretty early putting my bike back together and I'll probably take a break to watch the Aggies (probably) lose to the red raiders....although I'm sure I won't be able to stomach the whole game.

I'm looking at being there around 8am. For the guys that will be choppin' and bumpin' and moddin', you may also want to show up a little early as well to allow your bikes to cool down before you tear into them. Burnt knuckles suck! Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Who knows Ken, maybe the Aggies can pull one out. Gig 'em!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

I just want to thank Ken for hosting the Houston Area Garage Day! I installed my DIY BAK today and even though it took me ALL DAY to do it I had a great time and am VERY pleased with the results. I got stuck behind traffic coming home so I didn't really get a chance to hammer it untill I pulled into my neighborhood. I turned the corner in first gear, gunned it hard then hard shifted up to second and broke the rear tire loose and fishtailed a bit. NICE!!!!!!!

Thanks again Ken and it was great meeting you guys and seeing KCC again. Nice Rocket 3 bro! Oh yeah, the BBQ was outstanding. BBQ that good can only be made in Texas!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

Seems like people came in waves, but thanks to all you guys for coming out. It was a pretty good turnout, but only two bikes went under the knife.

I haven't fired it up yet, but I've got the valves covers back on. I figure it will take me another 3 or 4 hours hooking all the wires & hoses back up and putting on my exhaust. Actually, it will probably take me another hour just to tighten all the stupid valve cover bolts. There's a ton of those things and they are hard to reach on the rear cylinder...

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #47

Well, I finally got everything put back together (I think) and went to fire it up....battery's dead. DOH!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

What a bummer!!!! All geeked up and nervous about the first start up after a major mod and get a flat liner. Did you get a new battery today. If not, you may be able to pick one up a Walmart. They used tocarry the Road Star battery but I'm not sure if it's the same one for the Warrior. Give me a call dude, let me know what happens.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

IT'S AAAALLLLLIIIIIIVVVVVVEEEE!!!!!!

I cranked her up this morning. It was such a beautiful and exciting sound.

Unfortunately, the excitement was short-lived. It turns out I've got oil spraying out from around the front head gasket....it couldn't be the valve cover. Nope, head gasket. So it looks like I will be undoing the last 8 hours or so that I spent putting it back together. The assembly should go much quicker this time though....

·
Registered
963 Posts

Wow that sux good luck fixing the leak. I am looking forward to seeing some dyno results for that beast.

Aaron

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

Found the leak and I am a dumba$$....the head gasket was flipped. I'm about half-way back together again, so I should be starting it back up again on Friday or so. I still can't ride it until I find a rear caliper bracket.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #52

She's alive again, but I've another minor set-back. One of the studs pulled out when I installed my exhaust and now I have an exhaust leak. It's running really rich, but good other than that as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #53

Went for a ride tonight....I'll say it was probably the single most satisfying 10 minutes I've ever spent on a motorcycle. I can't really give any initial impressions, but I will probably get it mapped on Friday and I'll let you guys know how that goes.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

Guys, I have some more work to do on the warrior and thought I might have another garage day. Here's what I'm planning to do: Exhaust swap, clutch upgrade, rear fender eliminator, front & rear turn signals with the front running/turn and the rear running/turn/brake. That last part is assuming I can get the right module. At the end of the day, I will probably have to do these over more than one weekend.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

I'm in! Shoot, with the way I've been pissin' people off on this site I'm sure ALOT of guys show up; to kick my a$$!

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

07midnite said:
I'm in! Shoot, with the way I've been pissin' people off on this site I'm sure ALOT of guys show up; to kick my a$$!

Did I miss something?

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

well, the 24th is out. It looks like I'll be working on the shop instead of on the bike.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #60

07midnite said:
ridingrules said:
well, the 24th is out. It looks like I'll be working on the shop instead of on the bike.

What happened to the shop?

Just now getting around to fixing the hole in the roof that Ike left....I had hoped that Obama's election would fix it for me, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. So much for hope & change[:'(]

41 - 60 of 68 Posts