RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3263 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get our thread back in here again! This seems to be the closest geographically to the choices so here we are! Let's put our upcoming events/meets in this thread!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey there Houston riders sorry I didn't stop in Houston would have love to have ridden with you guys, but due to circumstances beyond my control (the wifes driving) I was forced to bypass Houston and go straight to Corpus, sorry again guys I'll have to take a ride one day to Houston.

·
Registered
784 Posts
LOL Wow, I kept looking for the "ride club" area and then realize it was broken down into areas....

I'm checking in!!! Hopefully have a new belt on my bike this week!!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
I just posted over in the Vrod forum basically inviting the Houston area guys for an afternoon/evening of riding/racing.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Would be interesting to say the least

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I picked up my bike on Saturday and had it back in there this morning. Bad lifter. OE is shipping out another one as soon as they get their shipment in (tomorrow) hopefully. While I had her up, she was running stronger than ever, just a little noisy. Now I play the waiting game again... at least its not nice weather [/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

***Update***
Well, I'm getting pretty tired of the same old response of "they should be releasing them tomorrow." So now they managed to tease me with having my bike for one day of riding and now it's sitting again just waiting on a stupid lifter. Sure would be nice if OE would pay for the labor costs of having to pull the bad lifter out and putting the good (hopefully) one back in. I am not a happy camper right now.
[/emoticons/emotion-6.gif!]

·
Registered
784 Posts
Good question Woody. Hopefully soon.

Alright, where the **** are Leroy and Greg???[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] You guys are tardy for roll call!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Houston Warriors, waz up? Yeh, I was wondering myself where the thread went to. I still haven't had a chance to meet up with the local Warriors either at the track or get together...Weather looks good for the weekend. Anyone riding saturday evening or sunday? I'm in the Baytown/Mont Belvieu area and up for a good ole' V-Rod hunt...Alright, I'll be nice...I know there are a few guys living in Baytown with Warriors I just haven't been able to see any when I'm out ridin'. I went out in my SS last night just to check a few spots out and there are quite a few car nuts hangin out off Center St. in Deer Park behind the new Sonic. It's on the corner of Center and I believe Pasadena Blvd. This used to be a pretty good hang out back in the day when I was "forced" to participate in some late night, back road test and tuning with my compadres'...It would be pretty cool to get a few of us together and hang out...Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
i think this sat (maybe) a few of us r6 guys are going riding thru some twisties. not sure the area/road yet, but maybe i'll hint ya and ya'll can amaze some of em with what ya'll can do. would it be cool (on a warrior and by cool i mean 'safe-wise') to do twisties 2-up? laters, joey

·
Registered
784 Posts
Sounds like a plan there Joey. Only problem is that it is "supposed" to rain for the rest of the week/weekend. I'm trying to meet up with some of the R1-forum guys at JCI this Saturday night just to BS and such. I'll post up about this ride as well if you want. Larger group would be interesting.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I'm going to pick up my bike in College Station tomorrow. If it's not ready, somebody's getting a nut-kickin'!

It will be right at 2 months at the shop.....

·
Registered
784 Posts
Finally picked up my bike from having the belt replaced. Had to take her out for a bit tonight to get reaquainted with her.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Next up: clutch, 2nd & 5th gear, rear tire, head work, and remap.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
784 Posts
If any of you ladies are interested and check this thread this evening: I'm heading up to JCI (James Coney Island) on Westheimer to go check out the bike scene. I'm meeting a couple of guys from the r1-forum up there along with the service manager of Texas Yamaha on his R1. C'mon out if you can............if not........bring it next friday night. Be there about 10:30ish.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
busy man... real busy. House watching right now up in your area. Just off Bay Area blvd. I thought about ringing you up but I have work I need to take care of before play. We'll catch up soon...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hey Johnny, I went out of town this past weekend. We have a lakehouse on the water in Livingston. I had to play on my two of my other Yamaha's. I'm up to five now(just paid off the Warrior and bought a FZ6 to put around on). The **** things never quit. Is the JCI thing on Westheimer on Fridays? The one in Humble is on Saturdays.

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
OK, so now I have my bike back. After waiting 9 weeks, the guy who had been working on it stayed late so I could pick it up. As much as I hate to say it after waiting all this time, he did a great job. The bike runs great and it didn't have a single speck of dirt on it. He really took good care of it. I'm offshore right now, but I want to ride when I get back!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Hey Ken. When are you coming back? We'll ride to meet up with Johnny at James Coney Island or at the Houston Raceway Park. I'll be going back to the dragstrip again soon. I bought a Vance and Hines Propipe, Churchkeys V-BAK and a Power Commander since my last visit to the track. I'd like to see an improvement.

Any of you guys know anything about the Southern Cruisers Riding Club?

1 - 20 of 3263 Posts