RS Warrior Forum banner

41 - 60 of 3263 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
quote:Originally posted by rippin1700

**** Greg!!! Nice pad!! Now I see why you have been under the radar for so long.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] That out in La Porte? Definitely need to get together once you get done.

Yeah, JJ, it's in La Porte. Fairmont Park East. You can see the back from the intersection of Fairmont and Driftwood. Driftwood is one light west of Bay Area Blvd. Just a few blocks from 146. A good place to head to Houston Raceway Park from. I went into the Texas Yamaha in Pasadena last weekend and saw Christoff. I went in to pick up a Speed* Scoop to take the place of the ugly stock air box. I didn't realize it was going to make the bike run so much better. I left the filter out of it, because I'm running a BAK, but I was either too rich or there just wasn't enough air getting under the tank to the filters because it made a noticable seat of the pants difference. I'm not sure I should go back out to the track before I get the recall done though. I think a buddy of mine may be buying a VTX. I'm not going to try and talk him into a Warrior, I'd rather spank him. I like those clear lenses on the 2005 Warriors, but the dealership didn't even have a fish tape to get a part number for them yet, so I could order some. Heard from Leroy lately? Did he sell his bike?

·
Registered
784 Posts
No, I haven't heard from Leroy in a while. Wss thinking about giving him a call and see what was up. As far as the clear lenses on the '05.........go get the lenses for the '04 Road Star. I think it's like $20-$25 for a set of four, and then the yellow bulbs would bring the total to like $50.

So you say the Speed* scoop made that much difference huh? Maybe after I get the recall work done and get the BAK I'll give it a shot. As far as the recall, I wouldn't sweat tearing anything up. I rolled over the 40k mark this past Sunday and it's still shifting like butter. Now the clutch is another story.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] I need to get it replaced when I get the recall done. I did some stupid stuff not too long after I first got the bike and helped burn it up.[/emoticons/emotion-4.gif] Give me a shout sometime: 281-795-6353

·
Registered
22,677 Posts
I'm planning to do a bit of riding this weekend....hoping to get my wife out on her bike some. I doubt I'll go with a big group if she goes because it will make her nervous, but I'm expecting she won't. Maybe Sunday afternoon?

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm going to Magnolia early Sunday morning so if some of y'all want to tag along that would be cool. I'll drop off at Magnolia and you guys can keep cruising if ya want.[/emoticons/emotion-5.gif]

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey i know that taco cabana... i went to HS not to far from there at cypress creek HS... willow brook mall was my old hood [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]

·
Registered
22 Posts
fivel724, I guess since you are now in the dallas area that it wasn't you I saw there? Are any of you riding this comming weekend? I would like to tag along. I'll check back for times and meeting place. Either Fridays or Saturdays are good for me.

-ripvrod

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello there guys. I live up in the Spring/Tomball area and would like to get in on the next ride. I ride fairly often up through the National Forest and Livingston areas. I met Chris awhile back at Houston motorsports and have been waiting for the next Warrior ride in our area. Count me in for the next one. I'm available this weekend if anyone is interested in getting a ride together. Chris - is your Warrior back together yet.

Don

·
Registered
784 Posts
Yeah Chris, your ride back together yet?[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif] Between you upgrading your motor, Greg having a new house built, and Leroy (starrider) falling off the face of the earth, I'm starting to wonder who else is going to disappear.......LOL I called Leroy on monday (I think) and left a message. Haven't heard back from him yet to see if he actually sold his Warrior or not.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey guys, I'm trying to put together a local Warrior "directory" listing of sorts. Just names and phone numbers and possibly year model of Warrior. If you would, PM me with your name and number, or email it to me at [email protected].

·
Registered
784 Posts
Thanks for the info Don and Dwight. Greg, I still need your new info, unless you are keeping the same home phone number. Chris, I don't think I have your info either.

There is also a gentleman in the Woodlands somewhere who bought an 03 Black w/ Blue flames and has custom mirrors that I don't think has signed up here. Another gentleman bought the used '02 Titanium from Texas Yamaha in South Houston that I need to get in touch with. There is an '02/'03 Indigo floating around the Clear Lake area that I met up with last year at Rock the Dock in Kemah. If anyone sees these guys, give 'em a love tap upside the head and tell 'em to sign up the board and gimme their info.[/emoticons/emotion-2.gif]

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Nope... my numbers haven't changed. Yep - my bike is back together. I still want to get the map made for it before I take it back to the track. It runs good but I can tell where it can be better. I just don't want to go out there and give anyone an excuse lol

·
Registered
784 Posts
Since you've upgraded from the speedstar kit can you tell a noticeable difference? Just curious what the hp/torque difference is between the two.

·
Registered
484 Posts
It's doubtful but if weather clears is anyone riding sunday? Haven't had a chance to catch the weather yet...John, PM'd you with my info.

41 - 60 of 3263 Posts