RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my new to me 2005 warrior next week. According to NHTSA all recalls have been done. But how can I find out if all the other fun stuff has been done like the 5th gear?

·
Administrator
28,593 Posts
Well, you could report here precisely what your 5th gear rpm is at steady 60mph and one of the guys who did that mod will chime-in. Else do a search for that mod and in most threads discussing this someone mentions it.

For other mods, if its external you can post pics of areas and folks will help. If its internal like HC pistons you can check compression but the compression release needs to be fiddled-with; or look into one spark plug hole with a light in the other and you might get lucky.

·
Premium Member
7,745 Posts
Take the seat off and send us a pic of what is under the seat as well as pics from both sides and the rear and we should be able to give you an idea of any mods that have been done

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so speedo at steady 60mph the tach is 2200-2300 rpm. And I’ve attached all the pics... I don’t think much else has been done but I feel like the 5th gear might have been it feels like there’s more 5th than I remember.... still begging for a 6th but not as bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You got an air horn as well as well as a Corbin seat,

Nice clean bike.
Yeah I’m really happy with the Corbin seat and big shots. First two things I would’ve done, saved me a ton of money. The air horn looks cool and sounds cooler, def digging that too!

·
Premium Member
7,745 Posts
looks to me like custom handlebar setup, custom exhaust and corbinin dual tourer seat as well as the airhorn. You do not have a VBAK and does not look like you have a programmer either

·
Registered
8,230 Posts
Need a GPS to verify actual bike speed the relationship between the tach & speedo does not change using the Roadie 5th gear. Also: If the drive pulley or tire size has been changed actual bike speed is effected.

Luck with your new ride.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice looking bike!! Wish I could do the 5th gear swap myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts