RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day warriors
Did you do us proud at drags with the Melbourne star riders?
C'mon let us know.

Cheers ****

·
Registered
830 Posts
Considering it was our first time at the drags - I did a 13 with a p!ss poor 1.4 sec reaction time ....got to work on the take off ( done with 33/65 pullies , 240 rear - no burn outs , raked and lowered )

for some reason the right lane did not agree with me - either got really spanked hard by Greg or jumped the start.

Left lane was GREAT and recon I could of done a whole lot better if I stuck on that side and worked on the reaction time.

My first drag was up against a friggin FULL ON DRAG bike - for a moment there I thought I could take it ..... then I woke up hahaha

Greg did us proud with 12.4 I think best time ( done with burnouts , pc3 and a whole lot of black chrome
)

·
Registered
741 Posts
****, I really missed being at the Snowys but I did have a fantastic day at the drags.

Hoping to organise another day and get all Vic RSWarriors there.

Being the first time at it, there was a big learning curve to climb. A huge factor is reaction time. I thought I was doing ok with a reaction time of 0.8 secs. Then I learned that one of the other guys consistently had 0.3 secs. Don't wait for the green light, gun it on the second yellow. Sheeeesh, now you tell me. I guess that accomodates the retarded speed of aged neural transfers.
I later learned that the good guys have reaction times of 0.15 - 0.2 secs

Well, with a retarded reaction time of 0.8 secs and a less than perfect run, I still ran 12.55. This was about as good as I was hoping for so I was pretty pleased. The extra pleasing bit about it was that if I'd had a 0.25 sec reaction time (I'll have to practice for that) it would have been a 12.0 run and that's better than I thought the bike was capable of.

That particular run was against an R6. He blew past me at the end with an 11.7 sec run. But but but but but at the 330 ft mark, 5.2 secs in, doing 100Ks+, I was in front.
and he actually had a marginally quicker reaction time

So, my big BRAG is that 0-100 K's I spanked an R6 - twice.

Mate, it was just a great fun day. There were about a dozen "Star" riders so there was lots BS and winding each other up. Lots of Hot cars, quite a few weird ones. Man those serious drag cars are evil.Lots of burning rubber, lots of petrol heads, a great ride there and back and last but not least, Warriors were the Kings.

Cheers

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well done boys. Greg I would have loved to have seen you spank that R6
. I would have loved to seen the R6 riders face watching you pull away from him. LOL!

Next time get some video happening. You just made my day. hehe!

Cheers, Tosh.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
tosh said:
Well done boys. Greg I would have loved to have seen you spank that R6
. I would have loved to seen the R6 riders face watching you pull away from him. LOL!

Next time get some video happening. You just made my day. hehe!

Cheers, Tosh.

Heres the video that they took on the day.

http://www.melbournestarriders.org/apps/videos/videos/index

you might need to register to watch it. Not sure.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for sharing guys. It looks like you blokes had a great time, we have to doa drag dayin Sydney.

Greg, did you change your PCIII map before the drags??

Just Brilliant! You guys did us proud on the video.

Cheers ****

·
Registered
741 Posts
Yes **** I did fiddle with the map. I don't know whether or not it made any difference but I was happy with the result.

I just cranked up all the 100% throttle settings by about 3 digits figuring that a little rich would be better than a little lean. I did also clean the air filters the day before the meet to make sure I had maximum air flow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts