RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get e-mail notifications when some one answers my post,,, i dont see where to check it when you create a topic...??

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
You have to subscribe to a topic. I don't think Carknee has every forum activated for that though. Go to the FAQ link at the top of the page. It will tell you what to do.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
Subscriptions are very taxing on the server and tends to slow it down. For that reason you can only subscribe to a topic in the Ride Club sections of this site. Simple click on "Subscribe to this topic' in the upper right hand corner.

Insert Image:

19.74 KB

·
Registered
43 Posts
I understand but they are very handy. I have used them on other sites like xs11.com for my xs1100 and they sure are nice.

I don't think many people realize that you need to send a private message for someone to see your responce to a question without constantly checking their post for replies.

Just my two cents worth. Jeff

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jkorn

I understand but they are very handy. I have used them on other sites like xs11.com for my xs1100 and they sure are nice.

I don't think many people realize that you need to send a private message for someone to see your responce to a question without constantly checking their post for replies.

Just my two cents worth. Jeff

Jeff,

It used to be where you could subscribe to just about every subject, but that was bac when this forum was relatively new. It worked fine when I was a newbee at 2500 members, but now that the site had just about 10000 members and growing, Carknee wants to keep the site running relatively quickly.

I know the software Carknee is using to run the site is not the newest on the block, but he originally set this site up as an experiment and it has grown into what it is today. He doesnt have the money to put into it what everyone would like all the time, but he does entertain requests on a regular basis.

I suppose if he wanted to charge membership dues, we could get everything we wanted.

Trust me, I liked the convienience as well [/emoticons/emotion-1.gif]. But seeing that its a free site with donations at the members discretion, its worth living with a couple of downers like not having the subscription service available any longer [/emoticons/emotion-2.gif].

Dave

·
Vendor
7,301 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Warrior_Dave
I suppose if he wanted to charge membership dues, we could get everything we wanted.One of the other forums I subscribe to instituted something like this about a year ago. For those members that would like something extra (more storage room for pictures, personal gallery, Personal Avatar, Personalized title, more private messages, etc) they would become Subscribers @ $5/month or $50/year. There is about 6000 members with about 150-200 subscribers and its just about as active -if not more- as this site. A subscription is not mandatory but if you do become one you then have access to the extras.

I dont know if this forum software is capable of such things but I think its a great idea that every personally run forum site should have. Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
quote:Originally posted by RobRiguez

quote:Originally posted by Warrior_Dave
I suppose if he wanted to charge membership dues, we could get everything we wanted.One of the other forums I subscribe to instituted something like this about a year ago. For those members that would like something extra (more storage room for pictures, personal gallery, Personal Avatar, Personalized title, more private messages, etc) they would become Subscribers @ $5/month or $50/year. There is about 6000 members with about 150-200 subscribers and its just about as active -if not more- as this site. A subscription is not mandatory but if you do become one you then have access to the extras.

I dont know if this forum software is capable of such things but I think its a great idea that every personally run forum site should have. Just my $.02

I dont think the software will support that. I remember Carknee saying that its pretty basic compared to whats out there now.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
This software that we are currently using is highly modified from it's original form to accommodate all the changes that Carknee has implemented over the years. However, as Carknee has mentioned, it has not been updated by Snitz (forum software) in about 2 years and is on it's way out. Carknee has been putting as much time as he can manage into modding a new forum program to contain most of what we have now, plus some new features. Eventually this new software will be implemented. So don't expect him to make any more changes to this one. New things are a coming, boys, be patient.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts