RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a o6 warrior Cali bike. how do i get rid of the backfire poping? or can it even be done?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Buy a Kawasaki

It will always pop to some extent. Get used to it.

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
Marcus said:
I have a o6 warrior Cali bike. how do i get rid of the backfire poping? or can it even be done?

Are the warriors in Cal. pulling the AIS ?? and not impacting the ability to pass the emissions or inspections?

My AIS is off, PC3 and the right map and some good tuning tips thanks to many folks on this forum and my pops and rummbles are all but gone cept for the occasional "LAZY" throttle BANG! to wake me up!!. But generaly no big BANGS. Just a thought but it seems to me running right on the edge between lean and rich (that fine tuned spot) removes most of if not all of the "excess" or unburned fuel that feeds the backfire syndrome. Stock bike out of the box with no mods or changes runs rich and therefore bangs like **** from what I have read.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
RobRiguez said:
running a little richer, getting rid of the AIS crap, PCIII and custom map will all help reduce the popping/backfiring but nothing will get rid of it complately.

+1... but without knowing what mods you've done, it's impossible for anyone to really help you here.

I pulled the AIS and put the block off plates in, and loaded the RX_Warrior map into my power commander. I also have a big air kit, and aftermarket pipes. The 0-10 throttle position settings on his map eliminated all but the occassional pop, that you have been hearing about. It really is a matter of fine tuning. I have a Supertrapp muffler that I installed for 10 miles, and that got rid of all the pops, and the rest of the ruckus from the exhaust. If you want a quiet bike, it is possible. If you want a loud bike without backfires, it is possible.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Marcus said:

From everything I've read it's just a quirk of the bike. You can improve the situation but you'll still get a wake up call now and then.

For me the biggest improvement with backfiring and poping came when I did the AIS blockoff (I've also got the V-BAK, PCIII and pipes). The AIS was the last mod and the PCIII didn't seem to help much with backfiring

gchalifo said:
Are the warriors in Cal. pulling the AIS ?? and not impacting the ability to pass the emissions or inspections?

No emissions testing or inspection for bikes in CA.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have PClll, bub jug huggers exhaust, forcewinder air intake. i not sure what the AIS is? and were is it and how do block it off? Thanks, Marcus.

·
Registered
692 Posts
AIS = Air Injection System

It's located under the scoop on the left side of the bike

Baron's sells a kit for ~30 bucks to block it off, pretty simple install (do a search for user redhorse and view his website where he has detailed instructions)

The above and the fact that it put a significant dent in the amount of pops and backfires are all I know about it

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
JamesD said:
Buy a Kawasaki

It will always pop to some extent. Get used to it.

Are you serious? Buy a Kow? I sure hope you're not speaking of the Lean Streak!

My bike pops VERY little - Dynatak FI module, Sampson Ground Ponders, DIY BAK, AIS Kit.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Big Shots, Churchkey, PCIII and AIS blocked. Got rid of most of it, plus it ran real fine. The PCIII made the biggest improvement.

·
Administrator
29,681 Posts
You should start adding your mods to your Gallery along with some pics of your bike so we can help you better, get busy and stop slacking! LOL.

The forcewinder air intake doesn't gulp much more air than the stock airbox so no worry there. However the Bubs are very free-flowing and when it pops it probably sounds like cannon fire. Cool. But
what color is your Warrior - because by nature those pesky Midnight's fart the MOST!! (couldn't resist).

Okay seriously - do you have PC3USB? When did you install it? Has it been dyno-tuned by a PC tuner?

Also, did you buy the bike new (possibly the prior owner made changes)?

Marcus said:
I have PClll, bub jug huggers exhaust, forcewinder air intake. i not sure what the AIS is? and were is it and how do block it off? Thanks, Marcus.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Arizona Warrior said:
But
what color is your Warrior - because by nature those pesky Midnight's fart the MOST!! (couldn't resist).

Yeah, I farted... you jealous?

Seriously, Roadhouse Exhaust started the whole mess. If the bike was backfiring with the stock muffler, I didnt notice it.The AIS removal I did last week removed about 50% of the back fire. I made my own home made block off plates and bought some rubber plugs from the auto store.

·
Premium Member
8,912 Posts
Marcus …. This type question is best answered in the Technical Discussion Forum for all technical Warrior related questions.

The Site Help Forum in the General Info is for help or posting questions using the forum software.

If the site were being moderated these 2-topics would have been moved already
http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/123659/988116.aspx#988116

http://rswarrior.com/forums/p/123630/987948.aspx#987948

I gotwrapped up responding to your CA canister removal, which escalated,and forgot to mention and reportthis to you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts