RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just wanted to show off one of my previous bikes. I sold this old gal to buy my Warrior and I am kind of missing it. It was a 1993 Ninja ZX750 and when I got her she was in pretty rough shape for sure. Long story short, I wheeler dealer'd my way into this bike starting with some car audio stuff that I was no longer using into a Honda 300EX. It was a fairly decent quad to start with but needed more parts than I could afford to buy so I bought a parts quad to supply parts and was able to sell off the remaining parts from the second quad to be able to afford the other parts that I couldn't source from the parts quad. After rebuilding it, enjoying it for a while and making it look really nice I put out some feelers on facebook looking for someone interested in trading for a street bike. I had broke even by this point selling off parts from the second quad so it was time to move it along. Stumbled into a fella that had a ninja but no title but promised that he could get one. He came down, took one rip on the wheeler and I knew he was sold. I went to his place and took a look at the bike and noted that the bones of a good bike were there, brand new tires (one year old according to the date code and never touched on the chicken strips...) all the body work was there and workable, held oil, started and ran. I stated that I have been burnt before and I am only in if there is a title. Week later he calls, title in hand, ready to roll. I load up, drop off the quad and pick up the bike. Got hassled at the gas station by some guys rolling on some crashed up Gixxers asking if I was going to be out street racing it... Got it home and thrashed on it for 3 or 4 months, put about 1K into it but in the end I had totally resurrected it from a heap to a beast. Took about 2 days to sync the carbs (Hey, it was my first time with 4 carbs and a homemade sync gauge...) but after that she ran like a top! Thing was a total beast on the road, very capable bike and I for sure never came close to its max abilities. I don't regret getting rid of it as I was just asking for trouble with a bike like that. I ended up selling it to a guy I know from work for what I had into it plus another thousand, we settled on $1,900 bucks making it the most profitable wheeler dealer venture I ever gotten into. Last I knew the head gasket had blown on it and got horse traded for something else. I keep watching and hoping I will see it again at a decent price but I fear she may be gone forever... Anyways, With that money I was able to afford to purchase my Warrior (Which I have been lusting after since seeing my first one clear back in 2003, good things to those who wait??). Hope you have enjoyed my long, short story, enjoy some pics!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Great score. My second time around of getting my Warrior I bought an unloved Kawi Mean Streak that sat for years and the chrome was pitted, the paint was faded and tires were flat. Got it for $1200. I changed plugs, fixed a couple of vacuum lines that were broke and it started right up. I worked the paint and brought it back to life. Bought some cheap tires and started to paint all the chrome stuff black. I ended flipping that beast for $2,700 and bought my Warrior for $2,500. It was meant to be LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some more photos including screen door air filter. It had the VHR +4 advancer on it as well as the Muzzy full exhaust on it. I bought an air box, tore into the carbs (Jetting was spot on surprisingly) and did the valve adjustment while I was in there. Changed all fluids and got her running like a top then tore into the body. It was pretty toast but I was able to salvage it the best I could. Needed some glass work but I do that for a living so no big deal there!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately I was unable to get any factory labels nor was I able to reproduce any with my vinyl cutter so it flew brand-less (as if the color wasn't enough). I really enjoyed working on this bike and it did teach me a lot about the dynamics involved with getting everything just right and getting the most out of your investment. I honestly wish more of my ventures turned out as valuable and profitable as this one did. Unfortunatly I am unable to upload the rest of the pics at this time for some reason, I'll check back later. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great score. My second time around of getting my Warrior I bought an unloved Kawi Mean Streak that sat for years and the chrome was pitted, the paint was faded and tires were flat. Got it for $1200. I changed plugs, fixed a couple of vacuum lines that were broke and it started right up. I worked the paint and brought it back to life. Bought some cheap tires and started to paint all the chrome stuff black. I ended flipping that beast for $2,700 and bought my Warrior for $2,500. It was meant to be LOL.
Right on, I like the Mean Streaks but its no **** Warrior... Wish I could have scored mine so cheap but the pickings are slim around here anymore, they are either low mileage stockers, beat up clap-traps or all decked out and out of range. I went middle of the road and got one with minimal mods so I could do all the mods myself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some more after photos, lets see if she works today. Check out them stickers, I can vouch for the 50 extra horses. I'd say it was worth more around 75hp by the butt dyno... had to stick them somewhere, what better place than a non-visible part!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts