RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to get aftermarket T-Bars and wanted to get a bike shop to install it, how many hours would be a reasonable bill? I don't want to get fleeced, not in these uncertain economic times!

I searched to see if anyone asked this before but found nothing,probably because everyone on this site does things themselves! I live in a condo, which makes it hard for me to work on something that might take more than a day (for oil changes, etc I go to a friend's house).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Best I can recall it took me about two hours, definetly something you can accomplish in an afternoon. There's some minor disassembly of the front required, mainly the headlight housing, but nothing major, all the cables in the housing a color coded so you can't mis-wire wire when you put it all back together. Things could get a little more difficult if you are looking to internally wire your bars. Good luck and post some pics when you get them installed

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
Took me and my dad 2 days, 3 cases of beer and a carton of smokes.. In retrospect, I would have paid any amount..
haha.. I asked a dealer near the house and he told me 4 hours with the internal wiring..They must be magicians.. If you arent doing the internal wiring, I cant see it taking more than a couple hours..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I guess my choices now would be to either pay a dealer four hours to run it internally, or to do it myself without internal. I was looking at Redhorse's how-to, and it sure looks like more work than four hours!

Whether I go internal wiring or not, I'll post pics when done (hopefully soon!)

·
Vendor
4,401 Posts
It really wasnt that bad. once you remove the wires from the original bars, and plug ins,you can take the whole ordeal in the house and do the soldering and extending..just get a good soldering gun ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts