RS Warrior Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how many warriors have been confiscated / impounded under this recall? Misery loves company and I'm real curious how many bikes have been put in recall prison! (Do you get to visit yours on the weekends too?)

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yet another clear advantage to doing ALL your own maintenance; freedom from the confiscation Gestapo popping in during an oil change and the ability to ride until YOU are ready to bring your bike in. This is freakin America for god's sake, I'll spend my weekends riding it, the recall Nazis can come and impound THIS....

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
If you're dumb enough to drop your bike off with 30 guys in front of you without an appointment, enjoy your own misery.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stiletto,
I do all of my own maintenance, but I leave the major engine mods to the guys who do it every day for a living. My odometer has less than 5 miles on it because the weather was too nasty in January to get any riding in. I decided to just leave it at their shop so it could be worked on as soon as the pistons, cam, etc. arrived. In the interim, all **** broke loose with this recall crap. Next thing I know they're outfitting my bike with a convict's uniform and I'm limited to non-conjugal visits on the weekends! Win some.....Lose some! I'm #1 on the fix-it list and Yamaha corporate tells me they have tagged a tranny kit with my VIN number for priority delivery. Hopefully some light will appear at the end of the tunnel within the next week or two.

·
Super Moderator
13,703 Posts
My dealer says I can take it in for any kind of service and as long as I pay my bill, the bike is mine to do with as I please. As it should be. When I told him some dealers were, he said he couldn't see how they could do that. I didn't want to argue the point with him since he's putting new rubber on mine as soon as the weather breaks.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
Somebody confiscating your bike because of a recall is doing no more that saying "We are the ones getting the money from Yamaha for fixing this, YOU have no choice". I'd pull it out and take it someplace else on general principal, even if I needed to have the cops there with me to do it.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
That's soo lame, mine asked me when I wanted to drop it off, told him when the parts are in. He didn't have a problem with that. Looks like mine is going in next week.

·
Premium Member
16,372 Posts
Sounds like a good Warrior Ass Beating would be in line. You folks who have had your Warrior's impounded got to find another dealer. There is no way in **** would any dealer impound my Warrior. It is mine, correct? I make the payments, correct? This is America! Yes, it is. You folks make me love my dealer more everyday! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts